MATH2010C - Advanced Calculus I - 2019/20
- (3/1) Welcome to MATH2010C. There is no tutorial on week 1.
- (11/1) Assignment 1 has been posted. It will be due on 23/1.
- (14/1) A remark has been added to Q10 for clarification.
- (10/2) Midterm Exam has been rescheduled to Apr 16.
- (10/2) Classes will be conducted using Zoom starting next week. I will hold a testing meeting this Wednesday (Feb 12). Please check your email for details. For more information, check that page (https://www.elearning.cuhk.edu.hk/)
- (17/2) Lecture will resume this week using Zoom. The meeting ID is 377 127 680 and password is 015024.
- (17/2) Tutorial will also be conducted using Zoom. For Tue tutorial, meeting ID is 434 563 902 and password is 031716. For Thu tutorial, the meeting ID is 442 651 241 and password is 002791.
- (24/2) WeBWorK 1 is posted. It will be due at 5pm on 6/3. To login, your username and initial password are both your 10-digit SID. Please change your password on first login. To do so, click "User Settings" under MAIN MENU. [Download file]
CHENG, Man Chuen
- Office: LSB210
HUI, On Yu
- Office: LSB 232
- Office Hours: email@example.com
YAU, Yu Tong
- Office: AB1 505
- Office Hours: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: LSB 222A
- Office Hours: email@example.com
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tu 1:30-2:15pm@SC L4; Th 2:30-4:15pm@LHC 104
- Tutorial: Tu 12:30-1:15pm@SC L4; Th 4:30-5:15pm@LHC 104
Functions of several variables, partial differentiation, differential and its geometric meaning, chain rule, maxima and minima, Lagrange multiplier, mean value theorem, Taylor series, and implicit function theorem.
Mainly follow the Textbook by Prof Thomas KK Au for general n-dimension, and supplemented by the Thomas' Calculus on examples, special cases for 2 and 3 dimensions, and exercises.
- Thomas Kwok-Keung AU, Differential Multivariable Calculus, Asian Customized Edition, McGraw Hill Education
- Thomas, Weir & Hass, Thomas' Calculus, 12th Ed., Pearson
- S. Lang, Calculus of Several Variables, 3th Ed., Springer
- Week 1
- Week 2 (updated on 11/2: fixed a mistake in the equation of P on P3)
- Week 3 (updated on 22/1: changed connected to path-connected on the last page.)
- Week 4
- Week 5
- Please do the WeBWorK assignments online.
- Assignment 1, updated on 14/1: A remark is added to Q10 (due 23/1)
- WeBWorK 1, due at 5pm on 6/3.
|Homework and WeBWorK (Online exercises)||12%|
|Midterm Exam (Apr 16 evening)||36%|
- WeBWorK of MATH2010
- First-Year Mathematics Honours Scheme 2019-2020
- E-learning CUHK
- Link to Zoom lecture meeting
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: February 25, 2020 12:09:43