Cross-Institutional Course Enrolment Scheme
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is in a collaboration agreement with City University of Hong Kong (CityU) in a Cross-Institutional Course Enrolment Scheme.
This scheme allows mathematics students at undergraduate level of both institutes to enrol in courses offered by them. This collaboration also allows the mathematics students to benefit from the expertise available in the partner institute and also provides students with more choices of courses.
Application Period for 2022/2023
|Term||Application Period||Application period for late drop/withdrawal|
|Term 1||1 August - 26 August 2022||Not later than 13 September 2022|
Information for CUHK mathematics students taking CityU MA Courses
List of CityU Mathematics Courses to be Offered to CUHK Mathematics Students
Semester A, 2022-23
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Units||Quota for Visiting Students|
|MA 4528||Introduction to Dynamical Systems and Chaos||3||10|
|View Class Schedule|
Application Procedures and Details:
- CUHK Mathematics Students are required to fill in an application form and submit it, together with a photocopy of your academic transcript(s) for previous academic qualification obtained, to the Department of Mathematics, CUHK for endorsement. Applications without CUHK's endorsement would not be processed. Acceptance of the student is at the discretion of CityU, taking into account its quota availability and other relevant factors.
- Students can ONLY take courses that are available on the above list.
- Students who wish to drop/withdraw from the course should submit their request with justifications in writing to the Department of Mathematics, CUHK by the deadline. The request will be forwarded to CityU for processing.
- Application fee and tuition fee have been waived as agreed by both CityU and CUHK.
- CUHK Mathematics Students will officially be registered as Visiting Students (VSTB) at CityU for the course and are required to participate fully in the course, which includes completion of coursework and an examination, if applicable. Students should observe the rules and regulations prescribed by CityU during course registration.
- Grade will be given to students at the end of a course, and result will be sent to CUHK by CityU. To comply with the requirement of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the consent of CUHK Mathematics students for the release of the results to CUHK, will be sought during the course application stage.
Academic Calendar and Examination at CityU
- There are normally 13 teaching weeks in a semester. The teaching weeks and examination periods of academic year 2022/23 are as follows:
|Semester||Teaching Period||Examination Period|
|Semester A||29 August - 26 November 2022||5 December- 17 December 2022|
- Students will be informed of the examination timetable and related details normally one month before the start of examination period by email.
- Study under this Scheme will not lead to a degree or other awards from CityU. Upon completion of study, an academic report will be sent to the students via their home institution. Students may also apply for a transcript according to CityU's procedures.
Department of Mathematics, CUHK
Room 220, Lady Shaw Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 3943-7989
Fax : (852) 2603-5154
Department of Mathematics, CityU
Room Y6524, Yeung Kin Man Academic Building City University of Hong Kong 83 Tat Chee Avenue Kowloon Tong Hong Kong
Tel : (852) 3442-8646
Fax : (852) 3442-0250