MATH2010D - Advanced Calculus I - 2019/20
- There will be no tutorial in the first week.
- Announcement of the course. [Download file]
- All parts of lecture notes are uploaded.
- New arrangement of the course. [Download file]
Dr. CHAN Kai Leung
- Office: LSB 202A
- Tel: 3943 7969
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tu 2:30pm - 4:15pm@LHC103; Th 1:30pm - 2:15pm@LHC 104
- Tutorial: Tu 4:30pm - 5:15pm@LHC103; Th 12:30pm - 1:15pm@LHC 104
Functions of several variables, partial differentiation, differential and its geometric meaning, chain rule, maxima and minima, Lagrange multiplier, mean value theorem, Taylor series, and implicit function theorem.
Mainly follow the Textbook by Prof Thomas KK Au for general n-dimension, and supplemented by the Thomas' Calculus on examples, special cases for 2 and 3 dimensions, and exercises.
- Thomas Kwok-Keung AU, Differential Multivariable Calculus, Asian Customized Edition, McGraw Hill Education
- Thomas, Weir & Hass, Thomas' Calculus, 12th Ed., Pearson
- S. Lang, Calculus of Several Variables, 3th Ed., Springer
- Problem Set 1
- Solution to Problem Set 1
- Problem Set 2
- Solution to Problem Set 2
- Problem Set 3
- Solution to Problem Set 3
- Problem Set 4
- Solution to Problem Set 4
|Assignment 1 and WeBWorK (Online exercises)||12%|
|Midterm Exam (Evening, 16 Apr)||36%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: February 20, 2020 21:02:38