MATH2060B - Mathematical Analysis II - 2019/20
- There will be no lecture next Monday (20/1).
- Notice that new assessment scheme will be announced later.
- Home Test 1: 23 Mar at 12:00 noon. The submission deadline: 24 Mar 12:00 noon. The paper will be delivered by email.
- Tutorial 8 will be a revision for Home Test 1, please have a look and try the problems attached below. Suggested solution will be presented on Monday tutorial (23/3) session.
- There will be no tutorial next Wednesday (25/3).
- Next week (30/3-3/4) is Reading Week, there will be no tutorial classes but lectures remain at usual time
- Next Monday (13/4) is Easter Holiday, there will be no lecture and tutorial.
- Lecture and tutorial remain next Wednesday (15/4).
- Home Test 2: 28 Apr at 12:00 noon. The submission deadline: 29 Apr 12:00 noon. The paper will be delivered by email.
- There will be no lecture and tutorial next Wednesday (29/4).
- The following is the arrangement of revision clas s (on Zoom): Time: 4 May 2020 (Mon): 10:00-Noon. Meeting ID: 947-7742-4182 Password: math2060b; RevisionExercise [Download file]
- Home Final Test: 13 May at 12:00 noon. The submission deadline: 14 May 12:00 noon. The paper will be delivered by email.
FAN, Yan Lam
- Office: LSB G06
Tak Ming CHEUK
- Office: LSB 228
- Tel: 3943 7955
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Mon 8:30-10:15, LSB LT2; Wed 10:30-11:15, LSB LT4
- Tutorial: Mon 10:30-11:15, LSB C3; Wed 9:30-10:15, LSB C2
- R.G. Bartle and I. Sherbert, Introduction to real analysis, 4th ed. Wiley
- Tutorial 1 (Uniform Continuity)
- Tutorial 2 (Differentiability)
- Tutorial 3 (Mean Value Theorem)
- Tutorial 4 (L'Hospital's Rule and Taylor's Theorem)
- Tutorial 5 (Riemann Integrability)
- Tutorial 6 (Fundamental Theorem of Calculus)
- Tutorial 7 (Riemann Sum and Substitution Theorem)
- Pre-Tutorial 8 (Selected Problems for Revision)
- Tutorial 8 (Suggested Solution to Selected Problems for Revision)
- Tutorial 9 (Sequence of Functions and Interchange of Limits)
- Tutorial 10 (Special Examples of Sequence of Functions and Series)
- Tutorial 11 (Absolute Convergence and Test of Absolute Convergence)
- Tutorial 12 (Series of Functions and Power Series)
- Homework 1. Deadline: 15/1. Section 5.4: 4, 6, 7.
- Homework 2. Deadline: 22/1. Section 5.4: 2, 3; Section 6.1: 10
- Homework 3. Deadline: 14/2. Section 6.1: 4, 8, 9 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 4. Deadline: 28/2. Section 6.4: 4, 9, 10 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 5. Deadline: 13/3. Section 7.2: 8, 9, 12 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 6. Deadline: 20/3. Section 7.2: 16, 17 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 7. Deadline: 3/4. Section 8.1: 5, 15, 22, 23 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 8. Deadline: 10/4. Section 8.2: 6, 9, 12 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 9. Deadline: 17/4. Section 9.1: 7, 10, 13 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 10. Deadline: 24/4. Section 9.4: 1a, 1e, 2, 3 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Homework 11. Deadline: 1/5. Section 9.4: 16, 17, 19 (submit ONE PDF file to Mr. Cheuk)
- Solution for Homework 1
- Solution for Homework 2
- Solution for Homework 3
- Solution for Homework 4
- Solution for Homework 5
- Solution for Homework 6
- Solution for Home Test 1
- Solution for Homework 7
- Solution for Homework 8
- Solution for Homework 9
- Solution for Homework 10
- Solution for Home Test 2
- Solution for Homework 11
- Solution for Revision Exercise
- Solution for Home Test 3
|Home Test 1: 23 Mar (12:00 noon)||20%|
|Home Test 2: 28 Apr (12:00 noon)||20%|
|Home Final Test: 13 May (12:00 noon)||50%|
- ZOOM link to Monday Lecture
- ZOOM link to Wednesday Lecture
- ZOOM link to Monday Tutorial
- ZOOM link to Wednesday Tutorial
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: May 22, 2020 16:28:27