MATH2060B - Mathematical Analysis II - 2020/21
- Zoom Class (Mon): 8:30-10:15, MeetingID: 912 1749 8978, Password: 736456
- Zoom Class (Wed): 10:30-11:15, MeetingID: 956 8074 3101, Password: 637178
- Zoom Tutorial (Mon): 10:30-11:15, MeetingID: 974 9641 4825, Password: 990271
- Zoom Tutorial (Wed): 9:30-10:15, MeetingID: 925 0561 7206, Password: 090807
- The invitation links of the Zoom meeting rooms can be found in the Useful Links below.
- There are no tutorials in the first week.
- There are no tutorials and lectures next week (15-17/2).
- Home Test 1: 26 Feb at 5:00 pm. The submission deadline: 27 Feb 5:00 pm. The paper will be delivered by email. Please submit your answer to Blackboard in ONE PDF file.
- Home Test 1 Statistics: (Temporary) Mean = 24.76, Median = 25.5, SD = 12.05.
- There are no tutorials and lectures next week (29-31/3).
- Home Test 2: 02 Apr at 5:00 pm. The submission deadline: 03 Apr 5:00 pm. The paper will be delivered by email. Please submit your answer to Blackboard in ONE PDF file.
- There are no tutorials and lectures next week (5-7/4).
- If you cannot receive the question paper for Home Test 2 through email by 5pm on 2 April, please check Blackboard or here at 5:15pm instead.
- Home Test 3: 30 Apr at 5:00 pm. The submission deadline: 01 May 5:00 pm. The paper will be delivered by email. Please submit your answer to Blackboard in ONE PDF file.
- Home Test 2 Statistics: (Temporary) Mean = 24.27, Median = 22, SD = 12.36.
FAN, Yan Lam
LAM, Ka Lok
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Mon 8:30-10:15; Wed 10:30-11:15
- Tutorial: Mon 10:30-11:15; Wed 9:30-10:15
- R.G. Bartle and D.R. Shebert, Introduction to real analysis, 4th ed, Wiley & Sons, (Ch. 6-8).
- Lecture Note (Last Update: 19 Apr)
- Lecture on 11 Jan. Password: r419^qV+
- Lecture on 13 Jan. Password: b%#VW7nP
- Lecture on 18 Jan. Password: kLzyD+2K
- Lecture on 20 Jan. Password: SHZV$82p
- Lecture on 25 Jan. Password: 4u1qh9O+
- Lecture on 28 Jan. Password: V74f^yi!
- Lecture on 01 Feb. Password: t*K!qy4?
- Lecture on 03 Feb. Password: p&4vTib1
- Lecture on 08 Feb. Password: p03!f?dv
- Lecture on 10 Feb. Password: 9ga18=Lq
- Lecture on 22 Feb. Password: GJT$6KmO
- Lecture on 24 Feb. Password: 3zUK&&6!
- Lecture on 01 Mar. Password: 3Zp*F3AT
- Lecture on 03 Mar. Password: e%9P*JT8
- Lecture on 08 Mar. Password: dc7%BA?B
- Lecture on 10 Mar. Password: W6*aLp%^
- Lecture on 15 Mar. Password: 9h2mU?Jn
- Lecture on 17 Mar. Password: 2RcW$y^i
- Lecture on 22 Mar. Password: S=8iR@^v
- Lecture on 24 Mar. Password: 9aS^.^u&
- Lecture on 12 Apr. Password: CS97SD$8
- Lecture on 14 Apr. Password: r2uRn^YE
- Lecture on 19 Apr. Password: T3eWrg!C
- Lecture on 21 Apr. Password: 92g0x3X$
- Tutorial 1 (Differentiability and Chain Rule)
- Tutorial 2 (Mean Value Theorem and Taylor's Theorem)
- Tutorial 3 (L'Hospital's Rule)
- Tutorial 4 (The Riemann Integral)
- Tutorial 5 (Riemann Integrable Functions)
- Tutorial 6 (Fundamental Theorem of Calculus and Riemann Sum)
- Tutorial 7 (Substitution Theorem and The Improper Integral)
- Tutorial 8 (Sequence of Functions)
- Tutorial 9 (Interchange of Limits)
- Tutorial 10 (Series of Real Numbers and Tests of Absolute Convergence)
- Tutorial 11 (Series of Functions and Power Series)
- Homework 1. Deadline: 25/1. Section 6.1: 4, 10, 13. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 2. Deadline: 3/2. Section 6.2: 5, 14; Section 6.4: 4. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 3. Deadline: 10/2. Section 6.3: 5; Section 6.4: 10. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 4. Deadline: 17/2. Section 7.2: 2, 8, 12. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 5. Deadline: 10/3. Section 7.3: 14, 17, 22. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 6. Deadline: 24/3. Section 8.1: 12, 22, 23. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 7. Deadline: 19/4. Section 9.3: 1c, 1d, 9, 14. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 8. Deadline: 28/4. Section 9.4: 1f, 17, 19. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
Quizzes and Exams
- Home Test 1 (The test paper is available on Blackboard)
- Home Test 2 (The test paper is available on Blackboard)
- Home Test 3 (The test paper is available on Blackboard)
- HW1 (Solutions)
- HW2 (Solutions)
- HW3 (Solutions)
- HW4 (Solutions)
- Home Test 1 (Suggested Solutions)
- HW5 (Solutions)
- HW6 (Solutions)
- Home Test 2 (Suggested Solutions) (Q3 Commented)
- HW7 (Solutions)
- HW8 (Solutions)
- Home Test 3 (Suggested Solutions)
|Home Test 1 (up to Riemann integrability, 26 Feb 5:00 pm)||25%|
|Home Test 2 (up to sequence of functions, 02 Apr 5:00 pm)||25%|
|Home Test 3 (30 Apr 5:00 pm)||40%|
- ZOOM link to Monday Lecture
- ZOOM link to Wednesday Lecture
- ZOOM link to Monday Tutorial
- ZOOM link to Wednesday Tutorial
- Link to Blackboard
- The interview with a very famous mathematician: A. Connes
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: May 05, 2021 21:11:31