MATH2050A - Mathematical Analysis I - 2020/21
- Zoom Class (Tue): 8:30-10:15, MeetingID: 927 0893 5330, Password: 510283
- Zoom Class (Thu): 9:30-10:15, MeetingID: 950 9716 2577, Password: 805219
- Zoom Tutorial (Thu): 8:30-9:15, MeetingID: 972 6046 0452, Password: 089929
- The invitation links of the Zoom meeting rooms can be found in the Useful Links below.
- There is no tutorial in the first week.
- Assignments are to be submitted on Blackboard.
- There are no tutorial and lecture on the coming Thursday (1/10).
- Home Test 1: 29 Oct at 12:00 noon. The submission deadline: 30 Oct 12:00 noon. The paper will be delivered by email. Please submit your answer to Blackboard in ONE PDF file.
- WARNING: The Home Test 1 has been UPDATED at 1300, 29-10-2020. Please pay attention to the latest announcement on Blackboard and the instructions on the submission tag.
- There will be no tutorial classes on the coming Thursday (19/11) but lectures remain at usual time.
- Home Test 2: 5 Dec at 12:00 noon. The submission deadline: 6 Dec 12:00 noon. The paper will be delivered by email. Please submit your answer to Blackboard in ONE PDF file.
- Home Test 1 Statistics: Mean = 63.60, Median = 78, SD = 29.69.
- Home Test 3: 24 Dec at 12:00 noon. The submission deadline: 25 Dec 12:00 noon. The paper will be delivered by email. Please submit your answer to Blackboard in ONE PDF file.
FAN, Yan Lam
LAM, Ka Lok
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tue 8:30-10:15; Thu 9:30-10:15
- Tutorial: Thu 8:30-9:15
- R.G. Bartle and D.R. Shebert, Introduction to real analysis, 4th ed, Wiley & Sons, (Ch. 1-5).
- Lecture on 10 Sep. Password: tmP$BxO3
- Lecture on 15 Sep. Password: 0%a3?I^f
- Lecture on 17 Sep. Password: set?9CQ^
- Lecture on 22 Sep. Password: U^J*h&37
- Lecture on 24 Sep. Password: 3&Hw2wUF
- Lecture on 29 Sep. Password: $A!!6&FQ
- Lecture on 06 Oct. Password: 28E?4Ym3
- Lecture on 08 Oct. Password: 1kN%#z2T
- Lecture on 13 Oct. Password: ?M5Cxf81
- Lecture on 15 Oct. Password: %q1$i00p
- Lecture on 20 Oct. Password: T93p+@vA
- Lecture on 22 Oct. Password: $L1+C?JP
- Lecture on 27 Oct. Password: T@uKa86Z
- Lecture on 29 Oct. Password: L.8C#ci+
- Lecture on 03 Nov. Password: E1%w@sJy
- Lecture on 05 Nov. Password: P&Au.@3R
- Lecture on 10 Nov. Password: 7A5c$jb$
- Lecture on 12 Nov. Password: &2ac9*3@
- Lecture on 17 Nov. Password: 4.Dm%s3t
- Lecture on 19 Nov. Password: *A.QW15A
- Lecture on 24 Nov. Password: MnX%S2n7
- Lecture on 26 Nov. Password: DQDwLv5=
- Lecture on 01 Dec. Password: T84F0#de
- Lecture on 03 Dec. Password: ws+8S&8F
- Lecture Note (Last Update: 05 Dec)
- Tutorial 1 (Supremum, Infimum and the Completeness Property)
- Tutorial 2 (Sequences and Limits)
- Tutorial 3 (Limit Theorems and Monotone Sequences)
- Tutorial 4 (A Remark on HW3 and Subsequences)
- Tutorial 5 (Consequences of the Completeness Property and Cauchy Sequences)
- Revision Exercise 1 (For Home Test 1)
- Tutorial 6 (Suggested Solution to Revision Exercise 1)
- Tutorial 7 (Limit of Functions)
- Tutorial 8 (Continuous Functions)
- Tutorial 9 (Continuous Functions on Intervals)
- Revision Exercise 2 (For Home Test 2)
- Suggested Solution to Revision Exercise 2
- Tutorial 10 (Uniform Continuity)
- Homework 1. Deadline: 22/9. Section 2.3: 4, 10, 12. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 2. Deadline: 29/9. Section 3.1: 5, 8. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 3. Deadline: 6/10. Section 3.2: 9, 20, 22. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 4. Deadline: 20/10. Section 3.4: 4a, 7a, 8a. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 5. Deadline: 27/10. Section 3.5: 3b, 5, 9. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 6. Deadline: 10/11. Section 4.3: 9, 13; Section 5.1: 4a, 10. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 7. Deadline: 17/11. Section 5.2: 7, 15. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 8. Deadline: 26/11. Section 5.4: 2, 6, 7. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- Homework 9. Deadline: 3/12. Section 5.4: 8, 10. (submit ONE PDF file to Blackboard)
- HW1 (Solutions)
- HW1 (Comments and Common Mistakes)
- HW2 (Solutions)
- HW2 (Comments and Common Mistakes)
- HW3 (Solutions)
- HW3 (Comments and Common Mistakes)
- HW4 (Solutions)
- HW4 (Comments and Good Work)
- HW5 (Solutions)
- Home Test 1 (Solutions)
- HW6 (Solutions with Common Mistakes)
- HW7 (Solutions with Common Mistakes)
- HW8 (Solutions with Common Mistakes)
- HW9 (Solutions with Common Mistakes)
- Home Test 2 (Solutions)
|Home Test 1 (Chp 2-3, 29 Oct Noon)||25%|
|Home Test 2 (Chp 4-5, 5 Dec Noon)||25%|
|Home Test 3 (24 Dec Noon)||40%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: December 12, 2020 14:09:47