MATH1550 - Methods of Matrices and Linear Algebra - 2019/20
- The first Class will be started on Sept. 2 (Mon. 15:30-16:15) .
- But, the first Tutorial will be started on Sept. 9 (Mon. 14:30-15:15) .
- Announcement [Download file]
- Course Outline [Download file]
- An announcement from University on late-drop and Pass/Fail grading. Please visit Dept's webpage for detail.
Prof. SHIU, Wai Chee
- Office: LSB 223
TSE, Ka Nap
- Office: LSB 232
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Mon 3:30PM - 4:15PM@CKB LT3; Thu 3:30PM - 5:15PM@YIA LT4
- Tutorial: Mon 2:30PM - 3:15PM@CKB LT3
Matrix and vector notations, systems of linear equations and Gaussian elimination, linear independence of row/column vectors; matrix operations and inverse, cofactor expansion and properties of determinants, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, diagonalization, orthogonal vectors and Gram Schmidt process, orthogonal projection and least-square method, subspaces in Euclidean space, basis and dimension, matrix transformations
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9 New
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- For completeness, I put all notes here even if the semester is ended.
Quizzes and Exams
- Med-term test: Oct 28, 15:25-16:15
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: November 26, 2019 12:50:08