Prof. Renjun DUAN
BSc, MS (Central China Normal University)
PhD (City University of Hong Kong)
Fields of Interest:
PDEs related to kinetic and fluid dynamic equations
- Renjun Duan and Shuangqian Liu, Compressible Navier-Stokes approximation for the Boltzmann equation in bounded domains. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 374 (2021), no. 11, 7867-7924.
- Renjun Duan, Dongcheng Yang, and Hongjun Yu, Small Knudsen rate of convergence to rarefaction wave for the Landau equation. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 240 (2021), no. 3,1535-1592.
- Renjun Duan, Shuangqian Liu, Shota Sakamoto, and Robert M. Strain, Global mild solutions of the Landau and non-cutoff Boltzmann equations. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, 74 (2021), no. 5, 932-1020.
- Yoshihiro Ueda, Renjun Duan and Shuichi Kawashima, Decay structure for symmetric hyperbolic systems with non-symmetric relaxation and its application. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, 205 (2012), no. 1, 239-266.
- Renjun Duan and Robert M. Strain, Optimal large-time behavior of the Vlasov-Maxwell-Boltzmann system in the whole space. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, 64 (2011), no. 11, 1497-1546.
- Renjun Duan, Alexander Lorz and Peter Markowich, Global solutions to the coupled chemotaxis-fluid equations. Communications in Partial Differential Equations, 35 (2010), no. 9, 1635-1673.
- Renjun Duan, Massimo Fornasier and Giuseppe Toscani, A kinetic flocking model with diffusions. Communications in Mathematical Physics, 300 (2010), no. 1, 95-145.
Major Research Grants:
- National Natural Science Foundation of China and Hong Kong Research Grant Council - Joint Research Scheme
- Research Grants Council - General Research Fund
Honours and Awards:
- Hong Kong Mathematical Society Young Scholar Award
- Editorial board - Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications (Board member, 08/2018-present)
- Editorial board - Discrete & Continuous Dynamical Systems – B (Board member, 01/2020-present)
- Editorial board - Kinetic and Related Models (Associate editor, 01/2022-present)
- Editorial board - Communications in Mathematical Analysis and Applications (Managing editor, 01/2022-present)