MATH6041B - Topics in Differential Equations I - 2017/18
- Jan 5: Welcome to the course. Here are the confirmed changes of three time slots: Lecture on Jan 18 (Thu, 2:30-5:15pm) has changed to Jan 15 (Mon, 3:30-6:15pm, ERB 402), Lecture on Jan 25 (Thu, 2:30-5:15pm) has changed to Jan 22 (Mon, 3:30-6:15pm, ERB 402), and Lecture on Mar 1 (Thu, 2:30-5:15pm) has changed to Feb 26 (Mon, 3:30-6:15pm, ERB 402). Note: ERB=William M W Mong Engineering Building
- Jan 23: From today, the course venue has changed to LSB 222 with the same time (2:30-5:15pm each Thursday).
- Feb 20: Reminder: 1) As we agreed, the lecture on Feb 22 has been canceled and will be replaced in another time; 2) The meeting time and place for lectures in the next week is 3:30pm-6:30pm (Feb 26th, Monday), ERB 402.
- Mar 27: Due for the final report is May 12th.
Prof. Renjun DUAN
- Office: LSB 206
- Tel: 39437977
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Th 2:30PM - 5:15PM, Lee Shau Kee Building LT3
- Weak convergence
- Solution of the Boltzmann equation (Seiji Ukai, 1986)
- Asymptotic analysis of fluid equations (Seiji Ukai, 2006)
- Lecture 1 (An introduction to mathematical theory of kinetic equation)
- Lecture 2 (Linearized analysis: Spectrum method)
- Lecture 3 (Linearized analysis: Energy method)
- Lecture 4 (Hypercoercivity with confining forces)
- Lecture 5 (Initial value problem on the spatially homogeneous Boltzmann equation)
- Lecture 6 (Application of the Fourier transform to the Boltzmann equation)
- Lecture 7 (Global well-posedness for the spatially inhomogeneous Boltzmann equation)
- Lecture 8 (Asymptotic analysis of the Boltzmann equation)
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: April 23, 2018 16:57:19