MATH4030 - Differential Geometry - 2021/22
- There is NO tutorial in the first week.
- The assignment can be downloaded via this course webpage or Blackboard. Please upload your solutions to BlackBoard directly. Do NOT submit your solutions to assignment box in LSB.
- There is a typo in the hint of assignment 1. The negative sign in the definition of beta should be positive.
- There is NO tutorial class or lecture class on 14th Oct. The midterm is in next week. So if you have any questions, please fell free to email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TAM Luen Fai
- Office: 714 AB1
- Tel: 39438066
- Office: 222A, LSB
- Tel: 39433575
Please see "Course Description" in the Pre-class Notes section.
- Do Carmo, Differential geometry of curves and surfaces
- Klingenberg, A course in Differential Geometry
- Spivak, A comprehensive introduction to Differential Geometry, Vol.2
- Frenet Frame
- Fundamental Theorem for Curves
- Regular Surfaces
- Tangent space and 1st fundamental form
- Regular Surfaces 2
- Second fundamental form 1
- Second fundamental form 2
- Gauss Map
- Principal Curvature
- Minimal Surfaces
- Tutorial Notes 1 (16 Sep)
- Tutorial Notes 2 (23 Sep) (updated on 26 Sep)
- Tutorial Notes 3 (30 Sep) (updated on 03 Oct)
- Tutorial Notes 3 (07 Oct) (updated on 09 Oct)
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: October 13, 2021 11:24:31