MATH2018 - Honours Advanced Calculus I - 2021/22
- Please refer to Blackboard for announcements and other information. Students who want to audit this course should contact the teacher to get access to the above Blackboard page.
Man Chuen CHENG
- Office: LSB210
Chiu Hong LO
- Office: LSB228
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tue 4:30-6:15pm@LHC G04, Thu 10:30-11:15am@SC LG23
- Tutorial: Thu 11:30am-12:15pm@SC LG23
This course is intended to introduce the basics of the calculus of functions of several variables, as well as the ideas behind the proofs of the theorems. Topics include: vectors, geometry of Euclidean spaces, curves, limits, partial derivatives, differentiability, chain rule, first and second derivative test, maximum and minimum, Taylor polynomials, Lagrange multipliers, implicit function theorem.
- T. Au, Differential Multivariable Calculus, Asian Customized Edition, McGraw Hill
- L. Simon, An Introduction to Multivariable Mathematics, Morgan & Claypool Publishers
- T. Apostol, Calculus, Vol. 2, Wiley
- G. B. Thomas, M. D. Weir and J. Hass, Thomas' Calculus, Pearson
- H. Anton, I. Bivens and S. Davis, Anton’s Calculus, Early Transcendentals, Wiley
|Midterm Exam (tentatively Mar 17 evening)||40%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: January 11, 2022 10:31:05