MATH5022 - Theory of Partial Differential Equations - 2018/19
- Office: LSB 214
- Tel: 39438900
- Office Hours: Any time/ by appointment
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tu 9:30AM - 11:00AM, LSB G36 (Jan 8, 2019- Apr 23, 2019); Fr 9:30AM - 11:00AM, LSK201 (Jan 11 - Mar 29, Apr 12, Apr 26)
This course covers the basic theory of partial differential equations equations with emphasis on elliptic equations of second order. Both the classical and modern approaches to these equations are discussed. The main concern is various a prior estimates which are useful in solving linear and nonlinear equations. Some geometric applications are included. It is suited for those who are interested in analysis or geometry.
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations (Second Edition): by Qing Han and Fanghua LIN
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order: by David Gilbarg and Neil S. Trudinger
- Theorems on regularity and singularity of energy minimizing maps, Lecture in mathematics ETH Zurich, by Leon Simon
- Lectures on Elliptic Differential Equations, by L. Ambrosio, http://cvgmt.sns.it/media/doc/paper/1280/PDEAAA.pdf
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: January 05, 2019 11:28:33