MATH3280 - Introductory Probability - 2018/19
- A short history of probability [Download file]
- Please hand in the complete assignment to the collection box (2nd floor, Lady Shaw Building, close to R221)
- The midterm examination will be held on Oct 25, 10:35am-12:15 noon, at LSB LT4. It will cover Chap. 1 to Chap 5.3 of the text book.
Prof. De-Jun Feng
- Office: LSB, Room 211
- Tel: 39437965
Mr. Yufeng Wu
- Office: LSB, Room 222A
- Tel: 39433575
Time and Venue
- Lecture: M 10:30am-11:15am, LSB LT4, Th 10:30am-12:15PM, LSB LT4
- Tutorial: M 11:15am-12:15pm, LSB LT4.
Axioms of probability, conditional probability, independence, discrete random variables, continuous random variables, mean, variance and covariance, moment generating function, Poisson distributions, normal distributions, central limit theorem, law of large numbers. Students taking this course are expected to have knowledge in advanced calculus.
- Sheldon Ross, A first course in probability. 8th edition. Pearson Education International
- K. L. Chung, Elementary Probability Theory with Stochastic Processes. Springer International Student Edition, 1978
- A.N. Kolmogrov, Foundations of the theory of probability. Chelsea publishing Co., New York. 1956.
- K. L. Chung, A course in probability theory. Elsevier Inc., 1968.
- Solution to Assignment 1
- Solution to Assignment 2
- Solution to Assignment 3
- Suggested Solutions to Midterm Examination
- Solution to Assignment 4
- Solution to Assignment 5
- Solution to Assignment 6
- Solution to Assignment 7
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: December 12, 2018 14:57:42