MATH4060 - Complex Analysis - 2016/17
- There will be no tutorial on the first week of class. Tutorials will start from week 2.
- The midterm will be held on Oct 20 (Thursday) in class. It'll cover Chapters 1-5 of the textbook, with the exceptions of Chapter 2.5.5 and Chapter 4.3.
Yung, Po Lam
- Office: LSB 234
Lee Man Chun
- Office: LSB 222A
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tuesdays 9:30am-10:15am, Thursdays 8:30am-10:15am, both at LSB LT4
- Tutorial: Tuesdays 8:30am-9:15am, at LSB LT4
This is a second course in complex analysis. Topics to be covered include the Poisson summation formula, Weierstrass infinite products, Gamma and zeta functions, the prime number theorem, the Riemann mapping theorem, elliptic functions, and time permitting the sum of two squares theorem. We assume as prerequisite a solid understanding of properties of analytic functions of one complex variable, at the level of Math 2230 or Math 3253.
- E.M. Stein and R. Shakarchi, Complex Analysis, Princeton University Press, 2003.
- Review of properties of holomorphic functions
- Poisson summation and periodization
- A characterization of harmonic polynomials
- Two proofs of the Prime number theorem
- Note on harmonic functions
- questions on 20/9
- questions on 27/9
- questions on 4/10
- questions on 11/10
- questions on 18/10
- questions on 25/10
- questions on 1/11
- questions on 8/11
- questions on 15/11
- questions on 22/11
- example of normal family
- little picard theorem by harmonic function
Quizzes and Exams
- HW 1 suggested solution
- HW 2 suggested solution
- HW 3 suggested solution
- HW 4 suggested solution
- HW 5 suggested solution (updated)
- HW 6 suggested solution
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: March 01, 2017 12:26:13