MATH1010I - University Mathematics - 2016/17
- (6/9) Welcome to MATH1010I!
- (6/9) There will be no tutorial class in the first week. Tutorial class will be started on the second week.
- (13/9) Assignment 1 and 2 are posted. Submit your assignment by putting it into the assignment box outside LSB 222A. Assignments should be submitted in the specific period. Please do not submit your assignment early or late.
- (27/9) Mid-term exam will be held in LSK LT1 on Oct 26 (Wed) 19:30-21:00.
- (30/9) Assignment 3 is posted.
- (17/10) Assignment 4 will be due this Thursday (Oct 20).
- (21/10) Syllabus of Midterm exam and Assignment 5 are posted on the centralized course webpage of MATH1010. Assignment 5 is long.
- (5/11) Assignment 5 will be due this Thursday (Nov 10).
- (22/11) Assignment 6 and 7 are posted. They will be due on Dec 1 and Dec 8 respectively.
- (29/11) Practise exercise is posted.
Man Chuen Cheng
- Office: LSB 210
- Tel: 3943-7985
- Office Hours: By appointment
- Office: LSB 222B
- Tel: 3943-7963
- Office: LSB 222C
- Tel: 3943-8570
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tu 2:30PM - 4:15PM@WMY 507; Th 4:30PM - 5:15PM@WMY 505
- Tutorial: We 6:30PM - 7:15PM@YIA LT9; Th 5:30PM - 6:15PM@WMY 505
This course is designed for students who need to acquire the knowledge and skills of one-variable calculus at a general level for the studies in science or engineering. The course places special emphasis on the theoretical foundations as well as the methods and techniques of computation and their applications.
- Thomas' Calculus: Weir and Hass, Pearson
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5 (I forgot absolute signs in the formula of (arcsecx)' and (arccsc x)' on P7 during lecture. The mistakes are fixed in uploaded version.)
- Week 6
- Week 7
- Week 8 (updated on Oct 28)
- Week 9
- Week 10
- Week 11
- Week 12
- There will be about 8 assignments. They will be posted on the Centralized Course Homepage for MATH1010.
- Submit your assignment by putting it into the assignment box outside LSB 222A. Assignments should be submitted in the specific period. Please do not submit your assignment early or late.
|Mid-term (Oct 26 Wed 19:30-21:00 @ LSK LT1)||40%|
- Centralized Course Homepage for all MATH1010 sections
- Faculty Tutor Q&A Centre (MathGym)
- Pre-Calculus e-learning material
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: November 29, 2016 08:12:09