MATH5211 - Advanced Numerical Analysis I - 2015/16
- Office: LSB 205
- Tel: 3943 7972
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tuesdays 4:30 - 7:15pm, Y C Liang Hall 101
The course will cover two topics.
1. Basic theory of finite element methods.
2. Iterative methods for solving linear systems.
- Finite Elements: Theory, Fast Solvers, and Applications in Solid Mechanics, by Dietrich Braess
- Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Systems, by Yousef Saad
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2
- Assignment 3
- Assignment 4
- Assignment 5
- Assignment 6
- Assignment 7
- Assignment 8
- Assignment 9
|Exam 1 (Oct 13)||30%|
|Exam 2 (Dec 8)||30%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: November 19, 2015 10:10:58