MATH4060 - Complex Analysis - 2015/16
- The midterm of Math 4060 will be held on Tuesday, October 20, from 8:30am-10:15am, at LSB LT4. It covers Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 of the textbook, with the exception of Section 5.5 of Chapter 2, and Section 3 of Chapter 4.
- The final exam of Math 4060 will be held on Dec 9 (Wednesday) from 3:30pm-5:30pm, at University Gym. It covers Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.1-8.3 of the textbook, with the exception of Section 5.5 of Chapter 2, Section 3 of Chapter 4, Section 1.1 and 2 of Chapter 7, and Section 1.3 of Chapter 8.
Yung, Po Lam
- Office: LSB 234
Lee, Man Chun
- Office: LSB 222A
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tuesdays 9:30am-10:15am, Thursdays 8:30am-10:15am, both at LSB LT4
- Tutorial: Tuesdays 8:30am-9:15am, at LSB LT4
This is a second course in complex analysis. Topics to be covered include the Poisson summation formula, Weierstrass infinite products, Gamma and zeta functions, the prime number theorem, the Riemann mapping theorem, elliptic functions, and time permitting the sum of two squares theorem. We assume as prerequisite a solid understanding of properties of analytic functions of one complex variable, at the level of Math 2230 or Math 3253.
- E.M. Stein and R. Shakarchi, Complex Analysis, Princeton University Press, 2003.
- Elementary proof for Picard Little theorem
- 2 alternative proofs of the example in tutorial class 24/11(amended)
Quizzes and Exams
- Sample questions for the midterm exam
- suggested solution for the midterm (revised)
- Sample questions for the final exam
|Midterm Exam (Note special date: Tuesday Oct 20 8:30am-10:15am)||40%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: August 22, 2016 16:56:07