MATH5011 - Real Analysis I - 2023/24
- Here is the course outline [Download file]
Prof. De-Jun FENG
- Office: LSB, R211
- Tel: 39437965
Mr. Tianhan Yi
- Office: LSB 232
- Tel: 39435294
Abstract integration theory; outer measures and Caratheodory's construction, Borel, Radon and Hausdorff measures; positive linear functionals and Riesz representation theorem; Lp-spaces and their functional properties; and signed measures, Radon-Nikodym theorem and the dual of the space of continuous functions.
- Real and Complex Analysis, 3rd ed. W. Rudin, McGraw-Hill, New York 1966.
- Measure Theory and Fine Properties of Functions, L.C. Evans and R.F. Gariepy, CRC Press 1992.
- Real Analysis: Measure Theory, Integration and Hilbert Spaces, E.M. Stein and R. Shakarchi, Princeton Lectures in Analysis, Princeton 2005.
- Real and Abstract Analysis, E. Hewitt and K. Stromberg, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, New York 1975.
- Homework 1 (Due date: Sep 17, 2023)
- Homework 2 (Due date: Sep 22, 2023)
- Homework 3 (Due date: Sep30, 2023)
- Homework 4 (Due date: Oct 7, 2023)
- Homework 5 (Due date: Oct 14, 2023)
- Homework 6 (Due date: Nov 10, 2023)
- Homework 7 (Due date: Nov 17, 2023)
- Homework 8 (Due date: Nov 25, 2023)
- Homework 8 (Due date: Dec 1, 2023)
- Homework 1 Sol
- Homework 2 Sol
- Homework 3 Sol
- Homework 4 Sol
- Homework 5 Sol
- Midterm Sol
- Homework 6 Sol
- Homework 7 Sol
- Homework 8 Sol
- Homework 9 Sol
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: November 23, 2023 23:27:20