MMAT5390 - Mathematical Image Processing - 2022/23
- Homework 4 Q3a is optional.
- Homework 4 has been posted. It will be due on April 25 before 1159PM. Please submit the HW through the Blackboard System.
- Homework 3 Q5 has a typo.Please download the updated HW3 questions.
- Homework 3 has been posted. It will be due on April 7 before 1159PM. Please submit the HW through the Blackboard System.
- The deadline of Homework 2 has been extended to March 5 before 11:59PM.
- Homework 2 has been posted. It will be due on March 2 before 1159PM. Please submit the HW through the Blackboard System.
- To submit the HW, please go to Blackboard. Click on "Course Content" and find "Homework 1".
- Homework 1 has been posted. It will be due on Feb 13 before 1159PM. Please submit the HW through the Blackboard System.
Ronald Lok Ming Lui LUI
- Office: LSB 207
- Tel: 3943-7975
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Thursday 6:30pm-9pm (YIA LT7)
This course gives an introduction on mathematical models and techniques for various image processing tasks. Our focus will be on the mathematical aspects of different imaging problems. A wide array of topics will be covered, including image restoration (denoising, deblurring), image segmentation, image compression, image registration, multi-scale image analysis and so on.
- Chapter 1: Basic concepts in Digital Image Processing
- Chapter 2: Review on Basic Mathematical Concepts
- Chapter 3: Image decomposition
- Chapter 4: Image Enhancement in the Frequency Domain
- Chapter 5: Image Enhancement in the Spatial Domain
- Chapter 6: Image Segmentation
- Lecture 1 powerpoint
- Class Note 1
- Lecture 2 powerpoint
- Class Note 2
- Class Note 3
- Lecture 3 powerpoint
- Coding tutorial
- Class Note 4
- Lecture 4 powerpoint
- Class Note 5
- Lecture 5 powerpoint
- Class Note 6
- Class Note 7
- Lecture 7 powerpoint
- Class Note 8
- Lecture 8 powerpoint
- Class Note 9
- Lecture 9 powerpoint
- Class Note 10
- Lecture 10 powerpoint
- Class Note 11
- Lecture 11 powerpoint
- Class Note 12
- Lecture 12 powerpoint
- Class Note 13
- Homework 1 (Due on Feb 13 before 11:59PM. Please submit your HW through the blackboard system)
- Homework 2 (Due on *March 5 before 11:59PM. Please submit your HW through the blackboard system)
- Homework 2 Q5 coding attachments
- Homework 3(Due on April 7 before 11:59PM. Please submit your HW through the blackboard system)
- Homework 3 Q6 coding attachments
- Homework 4(Due on April 25 before 11:59PM. Please submit your HW through the blackboard system)
- Assignment 1 Solution
- Assignment 2 Solution
- Solution to Lecture note Chapter 1 Exercises
- Solution to Lecture note Chapter 3 Exercises
- Solution to Lecture note Chapter 4 Exercises (Updated at 17:53 on 26 April, for reference)
- Suggested solution to Midterm (prepared by TA for reference only)
- Solution to Lecture note Chapter 5 Exercises
- Assignment 3 Solution
- Assignment 4 Solution
|Midterm exam (March 16, 6:30pm-9:00pm, conducted in class)||35%|
|Final exam (April 27, 6:30pm-9:00pm, conducted in class)||50%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: April 26, 2023 20:32:01