MMAT5510 - Foundation of Advanced Mathematics - 2019/20
- (9/1) Welcome to MMAT5510!
- (18/1) HW1 has been posted. It will be due on 6/2.
- (21/1) There will be no class this Thursday (23/1). There will be a make-up class and the date is to be confirmed. The next class will be on 6/2.
- (21/1) Other than the make-up class, the dates of remaining classes are Feb 6,13,20,27, Mar 5,12,19,26, Apr 2,9,6,23 with midterm and final exam on Mar 5 and Apr 23 respectively.
- (1/2) The due date of homework 1 is extended. The new due date will be decided later.
- (10/2) Midterm Exam has been rescheduled to Apr 16.
- (10/2) Classes will be conducted using Zoom starting next week. I will hold a testing meeting this Wednesday (Feb 12). Please check your email for details. For more information about Zoom, check that page (https://www.elearning.cuhk.edu.hk/)
- (10/2) Please submit your homework using CUHK Blackboard. The due date of HW1 has been changed to Feb 20.
- (17/2) Lecture will resume this week using Zoom. The meeting ID is 635 817 603 and password is 093088
CHENG, Man Chuen
- Office: LSB210
- Office Hours: By appointment
LO, Chiu Hong
- Office: LSB228
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Thur 6:30PM - 9:15PM @ Yasumoto Int'l Acad Park LT9
The course is intended to build a solid foundation for the students on the essential topics and the rigorous reasoning of mathematics. It includes the discussion of logic, sets and functions, cardinality and countability, basic number theory, real number and limits.
|6 HWs, 4% each ( capped at 20%)||20%|
|Midterm Exam ( Apr 16 lecture)||30%|
|Final Exam (To be confirmed)||50%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: February 25, 2020 13:00:01