MATH1510J - Calculus for Engineers - 2019/20
- (Jan 9) See here for the website of MATH1510 for last semester.
- (Jan 20) Link to Webwork: https://webwork.math.cuhk.edu.hk/webwork2/MATH1510J.
- (Jan 30) Deadline for homework 1 will be temporarily postponed to 6pm, Feb 18. Webwork 1 will be due at 6pm, Feb 3.
- (Feb 10) Classes will be conducted using Zoom starting next week. See Zoom for Students for more information.
- (Feb 10) Quiz 1 on Feb 13 has been cancelled and the assessment scheme has been adjusted. Please check your email for further arrangements.
- (Feb 14) Please check email for important announcements about zoom and homework submission.
- (Feb 22) Homework 2 and Webwork 2 are released. Check email for details.
- Office: LSB 210
- Tel: 3943-7985
- Office Hours: email@example.com
- Office: AB1 614
- Tel: 3943 4109
LO, Chiu Hong
- Office: LSB 228
- Tel: 3943 7955
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tu 16:30-18:15, LSB LT4; Th 14:30-15:15, LSB LT4
- Tutorial: Th 15:30-16:15, LSB LT4
This course is designed for engineering students who need to acquire skills in calculus as a crash introduction to the mathematics used in engineering. The course emphasizes on the technique of computation without theoretical discussion. Students are expected to have mathematics background equivalent to HKDSE with Extended Module I or II.
- Thomas' Calculus, by Thomas, Weir & Hass, 12th Ed., Pearson
- Calculus, Early Transcendentals, by Edwards & Penney, Pearson Education.
- Coursework 1
- Coursework 1 Solution
- Coursework 2
- Coursework 2 Solution
- Coursework 3
- Coursework 3 Solution
- Coursework 4
- Coursework 4 Solution
|Midterm exam ( Mar 12)||20%|
|Quiz 2 ( Apr 9)||20%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: February 22, 2020 22:31:22