MATH3215 - Operations Research - 2018/19
- Aug 30: Course Information [Download file]
- Aug 30: There is no tutorial in the first week.
- Oct 11: Midterm examination is held next Thursday 4:30pm - 6:15pm, at LSB LT4. It will cover all topics in L1 - L7.
- Nov 30: Final examination will cover all topics in L8 - L15.
Dr. PAN Lily
- Office: LSB 233
- Tel: 3943 7956
- Office Hours: Mon 16:00 - 17:30 (or by appointment)
Mr. CHAN Hei Long
- Office: LSB 222B
- Tel: 3943 7963
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tue 10:30 - 12:15 LSK LT3; Thu 16:30 - 17:15 LSB LT4
- Tutorial: Thu 17:30 - 18:15 LSB LT4
Operations Research (OR) refers to the science of decision making. This course provides a fundamental account of the basic results and techniques of Linear Programming (LP), network optimization and integer programming (IP) in Operations Research. Pre-requisite: MATH1030.
- The course will mainly follow the lecture notes.
- Operations Research: An Introduction, by H.F. Taha
- Introduction to Operations Research, by F.S. Hillier and G.J. Lieberman
- Linear and Nonlinear Programming, by D.G. Luenberger and Y.Y. Ye
- Introduction to Linear Optimization, by D. Bertsimas and J.N. Tsitsiklis
Quizzes and Exams
|Midterm Exam (Oct 18, Thu, 16:30 - 18:15)||40%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: December 19, 2018 21:36:29