MATH2050C - Mathematical Analysis I - 2018/19
- Problem Set 5 is posted and the due date is Feb 22 (Fri) at 11:15AM.
- Quiz 2 will take place in class on Feb 15. It will cover topics in Chapter 2.4, 2.5 and 3.1.
- Special arrangement for Feb 20 (Wed): lectures 8:30-10:15am; Feb 22 (Fri): lecture 9:30-10:15AM, tutorials 10:30-11:15am.
- Special arrangement for Feb 13 (Wed): lectures 8:30-10:15am; Feb 15 (Fri): lecture 9:30-10:15AM, tutorials 10:30-11:15am.
- Problem Set 4 is posted and the due date is Feb 15 (Fri) at 11:15AM.
- Problem Set 3 is posted and the due date is Jan 30 (Wed) at 9:30AM.
- Quiz 1 will take place in class on Jan 25. It will cover topics in Chapter 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3.
- Problem Set 2 is posted and the due date is Jan 23 (Wed) at 9:30AM.
- The midterm is fixed to be on Feb 28 (Thur), 7-9PM. The venue will be announced later.
- Problem Set 1 is posted and the due date is Jan 18 (Fri) at 11:15AM.
- Special arrangement for the second week. Jan 16 (Wed): lectures 8:30-10:15am; Jan 18 (Fri): tutorials 9:30-11:15am. We will return to normal schedule from Week 3 onwards.
- There is no tutorial in the first week. The first lecture will be on Jan 9 (Wed) from 9:30 to 10:15am at LPN LT.
LI Man-chun Martin
- Office: LSB 236
- Tel: 3943-1851
- Office: LSB 232
- Tel: 3943-5294
- Office Hours: Wed 2-4PM
LO Chiu Hong
- Office: LSB 232C
- Tel: 3943-7978
- Office Hours: Mon - Thur 1:30-3:30PM
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Wed 9:30-10:15AM at LPN LT; Fri 9:30-11:15AM at LSB LT3
- Tutorial: Wed 8:30-9:15AM at LPN LT
- "Introduction to Real Analysis" (4th edition) by R.G. Bartle and D.R. Sherbert, John-Wiley and Sons, NY, 2011
- "Principles of Mathematical Analysis" by W. Rudin, McGraw-Hill, 1976
- Exercises from section 2.1
- Exercises from section 2.2 and 2.3
- Exercises from section 2.4
- Exercises from section 2.5 and 3.1
- Exercises from section 3.2
- Tutorial notes 1 (Jan 18)
- Tutorial notes 2 (Jan 23)
- Tutorial notes 3 (Jan 30)
- Tutorial notes 4 (Feb 15)
- Problem Set 0 (no need to hand in)
- Problem Set 1 (due on Jan 18 at 11:15AM)
- Problem Set 2 (due on Jan 23 at 9:30AM)
- Problem Set 3 (due on Jan 30 at 9:30AM)
- Problem Set 4 (due on Feb 15 at 11:15AM)
- Problem Set 5 (due on Feb 22 at 11:15AM)
|Midterm (Feb 28, 7PM at LSB LT6)||35%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: February 13, 2019 10:56:38