MATH3070 - Introduction to Topology - 2015/16
- Special Office hours: (Cao) May 6 morning; (Au) May 10 afternoon.
- Exam on May 12
- Test Dates: Feb 4, March 24
- Test Venue: Fung King Hey Swire Hall 1
- Coverage of Test 2:
Between closed sets, sequences, and continuity
Complete metric spaces
Nowhere dense and Baire Category
- Coverage of Test 1:
Topology (metric included),
Open and closed sets,
Base and subbase (countability included).
Thomas Kwok-keung AU
- Office: LSB 213
- Tel: 3943 7981
- Office Hours: By appointment
- Office: AB1 505
- Tel: 3943 4298
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tue 1430-1615 at LSB LT3; Thu 1530-1615 at MMW 702
- Tutorial: Thu 1430-1515 at MMW 702
See the file.
- Sheldon W. Davis. Topology. McGraw Hill.
- James R. Munkres. Topology. Prentice Hall.
- Thomas K. Au. An Introduction to Topology. Preprint Manuscript.
- M. A. Armstrong. Basic Topology. Springer Verlag.
- W. F. Basener. Topology and its applications. Wiley.
- G. F. Simmons. Introduction of Topology and Modern Analysis. McGraw Hill.
- J. L. Kelly. General Topology. Springer Verlag.
- Lecture Jan 12: Definition of Topology
- Notes about metric
- Lecture Jan 14: Topology and neigborhoods
- Lecture Jan 19: Open and Closed sets
- Lecture Jan 21: Base and Subbase
- Lecture Jan 26: Base Countability
- Lecture Jan 28: Continuity
- Lecture Feb 02: More Continuity
- Lecture Feb 16: Convergence
- Lecture Feb 18: Tietz Extension
- Lecture Feb 23: Completeness
- Lecture Feb 25: Continuous Extension
- Lecture Mar 01: Baire Category
- Lecture Mar 03: Finite Products
- Lecture Mar 08: Infinite Products
- Lecture Mar 10: Quotient spaces
- Lecture Mar 15: More Quotients
- Lecture Mar 17: Compact Introduction
- Lecture Mar 22: Compact, closed bounded
- Lecture Mar 29: Compact Hausdorff
- Lecture Mar 31: Locally compact
- Lecture Apr 05: Compact Equivalences
- Lecture Apr 05: Connected Intro
- Lecture Apr 07: Connected properties
- Lecture Apr 12: Connectedness
- Lecture Apr 12: Invariants
- Lecture Apr 14: Homotopgy
- Lecture Apr 19: Fundamental Group
- Lecture Apr 21: Examples of Fund'l Groups
- Exercise 01: Topology
- Exercise 02: Open and Closed
- Exercise 03: Base and subbase
- Exercise 04: Continuity
- Exercise 05: Convergence
- Exercise 06: Completeness and Baire
- Exercise 07: Subspace and Finite Product
- Exercise 08: Products and Quotients
- Exercise 09a: Compact
- Exercise 09b: Compact T2
- Exercise 10: Connected
- Exercise 11: Homotopy (and Homotopy Equivalences)
- Exercise 12: Fundamental Group
Last updated: May 08, 2016 12:14:10