MMAT5520 - Differential Equation and Linear Algebra - 2014/15
- The final exam on 2/12 (Tue) will be started at 19:00.
Lau Chi Hin
- Office: LSB 208
- Tel: 3943 7987
- Office: Room 614; AB1
- Tel: 3943 4109
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tuesday 18:30-21:15; YIA LT5
The course is intended to provide an amalgamated treatment of Differential Equations and Linear Algebra. Emphasis will be placed on algebraic intuition and geometric visualization, together with illustrations of applications.
- Edwards & Penney, Differential Equations and Linear Algebra; Pearson Education International.
- Boyce & DiPrima: Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems, Wiley
- Steven Leon: Linear Algebra with Applications, Pearson
- Assignment 1 (due date: Sept 30 (Tue)) (25/9 revised)
- Assignment 2 (due date: Oct 14 (Tue))
- Assignment 3 (due date: Nov 11 (Tue))
- Assignment 4 (due date: Nov 18 (Tue))
- Assignment 5 (No need to submit)
- Suggested solution to Assignment 1
- Suggested solution to Assignment 2
- Suggested solution to Mid-term Exam
- Suggested solution to Assignment 3
- Suggested solution to Assignment 4
- Suggested solution to Assignment 5
|Mid-term exam (Oct 21 Tue)||35%|
|Final exam (Dec 2 Tue)||50%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: November 30, 2014 22:19:48