Prof. Zhouping XIN
William M.W. Mong Professor of Mathematics
BS (Northwestern University)
MS (Academia Sinica)
PhD (University of Michigan)
Fields of Interest:
Partial Differential Equations, Fluid Dynamics and Nonlinear Waves
- Subsonic flows past a profile with a vortex line at the trailing edge, (with Jun Chen, Aibin Zang), SIAM J. Math. Anal., 54, No. 1, 912-939 (2022).
- On Some Smooth Symmetric Transonic Flows with Nonzero Angular Velocity and Vorticity, (with S. K. Weng, H. W. Yuan), submitted to M3AS: Math. Models Methods Appl. Sci., 31, no. 13, 2773-2817 (2021).
- Global well-posedness of regular solutions to the three-dimensional isentropic compressible Navier-Stokes equations with degenerate viscosities and vacuum, (with S. G. Zhu), Advances in Mathematics, 393, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aim.2021.108072 (2021).
- Global Well-Posedness of Free Interface Problems for the Incompressible Inviscid Resistive MHD, (with Yanjin Wang), Commun. Math. Phys, http://doi.org/10.1007/s00220-021-04235-3 (2021).
- Global Well-Posedness of the Inviscid Heat-Conductive Resistive Compressible MHD in a Strip Domain, (with Yanjin Wang), Commun. Math. Res., Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 1-27 (2021).
Major Research Grants:
- PI, RGC General Research Fund 2021/22, Well-Posedness of The Contact Discontinuities for the Ideal MHD, 14301421, 01/01/2022 – 31/12/2024
- PI, RGC General Research Fund 2019/20, Regularity estimates of Hessian and Curvature equations, 14300819, 01/11/2019 – 31/10/2022
- PI, RGC General Research Fund 2019/20, Vacuum Dynamics for the Full Compressible Navier-Stokes Equations, 14302819, 01/01/2020 - 31/12/2022
- PI, RGC General Research Fund 2017/18, On Some Problems for Steady Compressible Euler Systems, 14300917, 01/01/2018 - 31/12/2021
- PI, RGC General Research Fund 2017/18, Weak and Strong Solutions to the Primitive Equations with Full or Horizontal Viscosity but No Diffusivity, 14302917, 01/09/2017 - 28/02/2021
Honours and Awards:
- Top 1000 Scientists in Mathematicians, 2022
- Qin Yuan Xun Mathematical Award, 08/2019
- Distinguished Paper Award (Silver), International Consortium of Chinese Mathematicians, 2017
- Changjiang Scholar, Ministry of Education of China, 2006-2008
- Morningside Gold Medalist in Mathematics, International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians, 12/2004
- Member, and Member of Academic Committee, International Consortium of Chinese Mathematicians (ICCM) since 08/2016
- Council Member at Large, Hong Kong Mathematical Society, since 05/2016
- President, Hong Kong Mathematical Society, 05/2012 - 04/2016
- Vice President, Hong Kong Mathematical Society, 05/2004 - 04/2012
- Member, Hong Kong Mathematical Society, since 09/1998
|Course Code||Course Title||Academic Year||Term|
|MATH6041||Topics in Differential Equations I||2022/23||1|
|MATH6041||Topics in Differential Equations I||2021/22||1|
|MATH6041||Topics in Differential Equations I||2020/21||1|
|MATH6041A||Topics in Differential Equations I||2019/20||1|
|MATH6041A||Topics in Differential Equations I||2018/19||1|
|MATH6041A||Topics in Differential Equations I||2017/18||1|
|MATH4220||Partial Differential Equations||2017/18||2|
|MATH4220||Partial Differential Equations||2016/17||2|
|MATH4220||Partial Differential Equations||2015/16||2|
|MATH3270A||Ordinary Differential Equations||2014/15||1|