MATH5011 - Real Analysis I - 2021/22
- Here is the course outline of Math5011 [Download file]
- Please upload the complete assignment (in PDF file) to Blackboard CUHK
- The teaching venue of Math 5011 has been changed to LSB, Room 222.
Prof. De-Jun Feng
- Office: LSB 211
- Tel: 39437965
Mr. Tian-Han Yi
- Office: LSB G08
- Tel: 3943 7954
- Office Hours: Thursday, 9am–11am
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Fri 9:30AM - 12:15PM, LSB, Room 222
Abstract integration theory; outer measures and Caratheodory's construction, Borel, Radon and Hausdorff measures; positive linear functionals and Riesz representation theorem; Lp-spaces and their functional properties; and signed measures, Radon-Nikodym theorem and the dual of the space of continuous functions.
- Real and Complex Analysis, 3rd ed. W. Rudin, McGraw-Hill, New York 1966.
- Measure Theory and Fine Properties of Functions, L.C. Evans and R.F. Gariepy, CRC Press 1992.
- Real Analysis: Measure Theory, Integration and Hilbert Spaces, E.M. Stein and R. Shakarchi, Princeton Lectures in Analysis, Princeton 2005.
- Real and Abstract Analysis, E. Hewitt and K. Stromberg, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer-Verlag, New York 1975.
- Lecture notes (Chapter 1)
- Lecture notes (Chapter 2)
- Lecture notes (Chapter 3)
- Lecture notes (Chapter 4)
- Lecture notes (Chapter 5)
- Exercise 1 (due date: 17/09/2021)
- Exercise 2 (due date: 24/09/2021)
- Exercise 3 (due date: 02/10/2021)
- Exercise 4 (due date: 15/10/2021)
- Exercise 5 (due date: 22/10/2021)
- Exercise 6 (due date: 05/11/2021)
- Exercise 7 (due date: 19/11/2021)
- Exercise 8 (due date: 26/11/2021)
- Exercise 9 (due date: 3/12/2021)
- Exercise 10 (due date: 8/12/2021)
- Exercise 1 Sol
- Exercise 2 Sol
- Exercise 3 Sol
- Exercise 4 Sol
- Exercise 5 Sol
- Midterm Sol
- Exercise 6 Sol
- Exercise 7 Sol
- Exercise 8 Sol
- Exercise 9 Sol
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: December 03, 2021 00:46:12