MATH4900B - Seminar - 2020/21
- Zoom Class Link: https://cuhk.zoom.us/j/92236540616?pwd=ZnZoait2dUozb3BUN3doSHBobFFuQT09
- Zoom Class Info: Meeting ID: 922 3654 0616 Passcode: 662637
WAN, Yau Heng Tom
- Office: LSB 215
- Tel: 3943 37986
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Thu 9:30-11:15am ERB406
This is Capstone Course. Small group work on topics in analysis, geometry, algebra and applied mathematics. Knowledge in other fields related to mathematics may be discussed. For section B, the theme is "Topics in Modern Geometry", mainly related to the introduction of modern geometries including non-Euclidean geometry.
- Michael Henle, Modern Geometries, Non-Euclidean, Projective, and Discrete, 2nd ed. Prentice Hall
- Michael Spivak, Calculus on Manifolds, A Modern Approach to Classical Theorems of Advanced Calculus, Benjamin Cummings
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: August 11, 2020 13:54:26