MATH1520A - University Mathematics for Applications - 2019/20
- Sep 1: Course Information [Download file]
- Sep 1: There is no tutorial in the first week.
- Sep 1: Quizzes are tentatively scheduled on Oct 3 and Oct 31, 19:00 - 20:30. If you have any legitimate reason can not attend, please inform us by Sep 9, 10pm.
- Sep 17: WeBWrok Homework 1 is released, which is due Sep 24.
- Sep 17: Link to WeBWork: http://webwork.math.cuhk.edu.hk/webwork2
- Sep 27: Quiz 1 will be held on Oct 3, Thu, 7:00 - 8:30pm, at LSB LT1. It will cover all topics in L1 - L3.
- Sep 27: Quiz 1 revision exercise [Download file]
- Sep 27: Quiz 1 revision exercise solution [Download file]
- Oct 27: Quiz 2 will be held on Oct 31, Thu, 7:00 - 8:30pm, at MMW LT1. It iwll cover all topics in L3 - L6, except for the absolute extrema in L6.
- Oct 27: Quiz 2 revision exercise [Download file]
- Oct 27: Quiz 2 revision exercise Answer [Download file]
- Nov 25: course NEW assessment scheme with arrangement [Download file]
Dr. PAN Lily
- Office: LSB 233
- Tel: 3943 7956
- Office Hours: Tue 16:00 - 17:30 (or by appointment)
Ms. WANG Yiran
- Office: LSB 222B
- Tel: 3943 7963
Mr. LI Lok Tung
- Office: AB1 407A
- Tel: 3943 3721
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Mon 12:30 - 14:15, YIA LT6; Wed 12:30 - 13:15, YIA LT6
- Tutorial: Wed 13:30 - 14:15, YIA LT6
This course is intended to provide students with a fundamental account of the basic results and theorems of calculus. Topics include: function, limit, continuity; rules of differentiation, maxima, minima, rate of change, applications; basic methods of integration and area; ordinary differential equation; and probabilities.
- Laurence D. Hoffmann and Gerald L. Bradley, Applied Calculus for Business, Economics, and the Social and Life Sciences
- Barnett, Ziegler and Byleen, Calculus for Business, Economics, Life Sciences and Social Sciences. McGraw-Hill.
- L1 Function
- L2 Limit
- L3 Continuity
- L4 Differentiation I
- L5 Differentiation II
- L6 Application of Derivatives I
- L7 Application of Derivatives II
- L8 Application of Derivatives III
- L9 Indefinite Integral
- L10 Definite Integral
- L11 Ordinary Differential Equation
Quizzes and Exams
|See the above announcement on Nov 25||~%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: February 14, 2020 16:16:53