MMAT5230 - Mathematics for Logistics - 2017/18
- Course Information
- If there is any time clash with Midterm exams, please inform Dr. Pan before Sep 10, 10pm.
- Dec 4: Final examination will cover all materials in L7 - L12.
- Dec 6: The final examination has been changed to 7:00 – 8:30pm, Dec 15, 2017, at WMY 505. I will be there around 6:30pm for answering any questions.
Dr. Lily PAN
- Office: LSB 202A
- Tel: 3943 7969
- Office Hours: Mon 15:30 - 17:00 (or by appointment)
Mr. Ming Fai LAM
- Office: LSB 222C
- Tel: 3943 8570
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Fri 6:30 - 9:15pm, Esther Lee 405
This course is designed for the M.Sc. Degree Programme in Mathematics. The course provides the basic mathematical tools for logistics. Topics will include: Linear and nonlinear programming, integer programming, resource allocation problem, shortest route problem, inventory and production problem, cargo loading problem, equipment replacement problem, reliability problem, max flow problem, decision tree analysis, production theory, maintenance and reliability theory.
- L1 Introduction to OR
- Homework 1 (due date: Sep 22)
- Homework 2 (due date: Oct 6)
- Homework 3 (due date: Nov 3)
- Homework 4 (due date: Nov 24)
- Homework 5 (NO need to hand in)
- Homework 1 Solution
- Homework 2 Solution
- Midterm 1 Solution
- Homework 3 Solution
- Midterm 2 Solution
- Homework 4 Solution
- Homework 5 Solution
|Midterm 1 (Oct 13, Fri 7:30 - 9:00)||20%|
|Midterm 2 (Nov 10, Fri 7:30 - 9:00)||20%|
|Final Exam (Dec 15, Fri 7:00 - 8:30, WMY 505)||50%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: December 21, 2017 16:15:51