MATH3070 - Introduction to Topology - 2017/18

Course Year: 


  • (4/2/2018) Please note that Ex1)Q9) has been updated.
  • (4/5/2018) Note that there is a modification in Tutorial Classwork 8. The space Y should be connected. Nonetheless, the suggested solution is correct.

General Information


  • Thomas Kwok Keung AU
    • Office: LSB 213
    • Tel: 3943 7981
    • Email:

Teaching Assistant

  • Ka Ho WONG
    • Office: LSB 228
    • Tel: 3943 7956
    • Email:
    • Office Hours: By appointment

Time and Venue

  • Lecture: M9-10, MMW 702; W8, LPN LT
  • Tutorial: W7, LPN LT

Course Description

This course is to introduce the basic notions of topology. Emphasis will be placed on providing a general foundation for learning analysis (real and functional) and geometry (algebraic and differential). The former is customarily called point set topology while the latter algebraic topology. Roughly, 80% of the course deals with entrance concepts and foundational materials for analysis; the remaining 20% leads to topological recognition of geometric space. There will be examples from Euclidean spaces, function spaces, and geometric spaces.

Pre-class Notes

Lecture Notes

Class Notes

Tutorial Notes


Quizzes and Exams


Assessment Policy

Last updated: May 04, 2018 19:13:12