MATH2010E - Advanced Calculus I - 2017/18
- Midterm time: May 28, 2:30-5:00, LSB LT5
- Final Exam time: June 22, 2:30-5:00, at Science Center, L1
- Please turn in your assignments to TAs or in the mailbox for math 2010E on L2 of LSB.
- There was a typo in Theorem 2.1, Lecture 8. It is fixed now. (June 5, 2018)
- The venue of the final exam has been changed. Please note that!
- NOTE: The due of HW5 is now change to Tomorrow 2 pm.
- Guideline for the final exam [Download file]
- Office: AB1 409
- Tel: 39433718
- Office Hours: 10:30-11:30 Fri.
- Office: AB1 505
- Office Hours: 10:30-11:30 Wed.
- Office: AB1 505
- Office Hours: 11:30-12:00 Wed
Time and Venue
- Lecture: F 2:30-5:15, LSB LT5 (first three weeks); M 2:30-5:15, LSB LT5; W 2:30-5:15, LSB LT5
- Tutorial: F 5:30-6:15, LSB LT5 (first three weeks); M 5:30-6:15, LSB LT5; W 5:30-6:15, LSB LT5
Vector-valued functions, properties of curves, partial derivatives and its applications, Lagrange multipliers, Taylor series, and implicit function theorem.
- Thomas' Calculus (12th Edition), by Thomas, Weir, and Hass, of Pearson
- Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces, by M. P. Do Carmo
- Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems and An Introduction to Chaos (2nd Edition), by M. W. Hirsch, S. Smale, R. L. Devaney
- Calculus, Early Transcendentals Matrix Version (6th Edition), by C. Henry Edwards and David E. Penney
- Lecture 1
- Lecture 2
- Lecture 3
- Lecture 4
- Lecture 5
- Lecture 6
- Lecture 7
- Lecture 8
- Lecture 9
- Lecture 10
- Lecture 11
- Lecture 12
- Tutorial 1
- Tutorial 2
- Tutorial 3
- Tutorial 4
- Tutorial 5
- Tutorial 6
- Tutorial 7
- Tutorial 8
- Tutorial 9
- Tutorial 10
- Tutorial 11
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: June 21, 2018 11:03:45