MATH1520B - University Mathematics for Applications - 2014/15
- (9/10) Here is the tentative outline for the class. Please read the indicated sections of the text book before each lecture (UPDATED) [Download file]
- (16/11) Link to CUHK library for past papers is added.
- (18/11) Assignment 8 is released, due date is 27 Nov.
- (19/11) Suggested solution to test is released.
- (24/11) Lecture note 13 is released.
- (24/11) Revision exercise is released, NO need to hand in.
- (5/12) (TA) You may take all your assignment starting from this Friday.
Chan Kai Leung
- Office: LSB 202A
- Tel: 3943 7969
Wong Ka Ho
- Office: LSB 232
- Tel: 3943 3575
- Office: LSB 222A
- Tel: 3943 3575
Time and Venue
- Lecture: M5-6, YIA LT6; W5, YIA LT6
- Tutorial: W6, YIA LT8; W10, YIA LT8
- Laurence D. Hoffmann and Gerald L. Bradley, Applied Calculus for Business, Economics, and the Social and Life Sciences. 11th Edition. McGraw-Hill.
- Barnett, Ziegler and Byleen, Applicied Calculus for Business, Economics, Life Sciences and Social Sciences. McGraw-Hill.
- Lecture Note 01
- Lecture Note 01 (slides)
- Lecture Note 02
- Lecture Note 02 (slides)
- Lecture Note 03
- Lecture Note 03 (slides)
- Lecture Note 04
- Lecture Note 04 (slides)
- Lecture Note 05
- Lecture Note 05 (slides)
- Lecture Note 06
- Lecture Note 06 (slides)
- Lecture Note 07
- Lecture Note 07 (slides)
- Lecture Note 08
- Lecture Note 08 (slides)
- Lecture Note 09
- Lecture Note 09 (slides)
- Lecture Note 10
- Lecture Note 10 (slides)
- Lecture Note 11
- Lecture Note 11 (slides)
- Lecture Note 12
- Lecture Note 12 (slides)
- Lecture Note 13
- Lecture Note 13 (slides)
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2
- Assignment 3
- Assignment 4
- Assignment 5
- Assignment 6
- Assignment 7
- Assignment 8
- Assignment 1 suggested solution
- Assignment 2 suggested solution
- Assignment 3 suggested solution
- Assignment 4 suggested solution
- Assignment 5 suggested solution
- Assignment 6 suggested solution
- Assignment 7 suggested solution
- Assignment 8 suggested solution
- Test suggested solution
- Partial solution to revision exercise
|Test I & 2||40%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: December 04, 2014 00:15:03