Professor Ka-sing Lau Scholarship for Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), has received generous private donation in support of the establishment of Professor Ka-sing Lau Scholarship for Mathematics to honour Professor Ka-sing Lau’s academic achievements to the world mathematical community and to support our graduate students with studies in fractal geometry and related areas. The award of the Scholarship, with effect from the academic year 2022/23, will be on an annual basis and governed by the following regulations:
- The Scholarship is named as "Professor Ka-sing Lau Scholarship for Mathematics".
- There will be ONE award for each academic year and the amount of each scholarship will be HK$10,000.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to one postgraduate student of the Department of Mathematics on the basis of academic merit. In addition, the awardee needs to work in fractal geometry and related areas.
- The Scholarship is open to local or non-local students.
- The Selection Committee of this Scholarship will review students’ profiles according to Clause 3 of the above and select the student most suitable and worthy of the award of this Scholarship.