MATH4010 Functional Analysis, 2013-14
- Course Outline [Download file]
- Note the due date of hw1 is changed from Sep 23th, 2013 to Sep 18th, 2013.
- The first homework are questions 2,3,8,9 on page 8, 3,4,5,8,9,10,11 on page 16, 3,12,14 start from page 24, 2,8,9 on page 40 and 6,7 on page 46,please do the colored questions and hand it in by Sep 18th, 2013.
- The second homework are questions 13,14,15 on page 57, 8,10,11,12,13,15 start from page 63, 2,3,4,5,6,7,10,11,14,15 start from page 70, 1,2,5,6,8 on page 76, and 1,3,7,9,10 start from page 81, please do the colored questions and hand it in by Oct 9th, 2013.
- Midterm will be held on Oct 25, 2013
- The third homework are questions 14,15 on page 90, 6,7,9,10,12,14 start from page 101, 2,3,4,6,8,9,10,11,12,14,15 start from page 110, 1,4,6,8,10,11,13 start from page 116, 8,11 on page 126 , please do the colored questions and hand it in by Oct 16th, 2013.
- The fourth homework are questions 2,4,15 on page 135 , 1,4,5,7,8,9 on page 141 , 5,6,7,9,10 on page 150 , 1,5,6,7,9,10 on page 159 , please do the colored questions and hand it in by Oct 25th, 2013.
- The fifth homework are questions 3,4,5,6,7,8 on page 166 , 4,5,6,9 on page 175 , 1,2 on page 194 , 1,2,3,4,5,6,10 on page 200 , 3,8,13,14,15 on page 207 , please do the colored questions and hand it in by Nov 13th, 2013.
- The sixth homework are 4,7,8,9,11,13,14,15 on page 224 , 9,10 on page 238 , 4,5,7,9 on page 245 , 1,7,9,10,13 on page 254 , 1,4,8,9,10 on page 269 , 5,6,7,8 on page 291, 2,5,8,11,13 on page 295 , please do the colored questions and hand it in by Nov 27th, 2013.
|Professor LAU Ka Sing
Office: LSB 219 Tel: (852) 3943-7966 Email:
|Chan Pak Yeung
Office: LSB 222A Email:
- Introductory Functional Analysis with Applications, John Wiley, Erwin Kreyszig
- Simons, Inotroduction to Topology and Modern Analysis
- Royden,Real Analysis
- Rudin, Real and Complex Analysis
- Stein & Shakarchi, Functional Analysis, Introduction to Further Topic in Analysis
|Homework || ||15%|
|Midterm Test|| ||35%|
|Final exam|| ||50%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work
submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any
related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University.
Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself /
herself familiar with the content of the following website:
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: November 30, 2013 15:25:17