MATH3210 Linear Programming, 2014-2015
- Supplementary class on Sept 27 from 9:30-12:00noon at LT6, LSB for those students who miss classes on Sept 22 and 25
- Because of the class boycott, we delay the due date of the first assignment to next Monday afternoon at 5:00pm
- There will be a make-up class on Dec 1 (Monday) at 2:30-4:15pm at LT6, LSB.
- Note: there's a typo in question 3 of HW 3. A constrain is missing. The correct version is uploaded onto the course web page already.
- Mid Term Statistic: The average score is 75.24, the standard deviation is 15.27.
- Professor Chan is holding a Q&A section on Dec 17 from 11:00am to 12:00 noon. Venue is MMW 705 (the one behind Science Center, NOT the Engineering one). Students having any questions on the course during the preparation of the final exam are encouraged to go there to ask questions. The TAs will also be there.
Office: LSB, 201 Tel: 3943-7970 Email:
Office: Unit 505, Academic Building No.1 Tel: 3943-4298 Email: Office Hours: Monday & Friday 2:00-5:00 pm
Office: 222C, Lady Shaw Building Tel: 3943-38570, 91815432 Email: Office Hours: tu,wed 1:30-4:00, thu 4:00-6:30
Time and Venue
|Lecture: Every Monday 2:30p.m. - 4:15p.m. (LT6, LSB) and Thursday 1:30p.m. - 2:15p.m. (LT3, LSK)|
Topics of the course include: simplex method, dual problems, dual simplex method,
duality theorems, complementary slackness, sensitivity analysis and transportation problem
- Operations Research: An Introduction by Hamdy A Taha.
- Introduction to Operations Research by F. S. Hillier and G. J. Lieberman.
- Linear and Nonlinear Programming by D.G. Luenberger and Y.Y. Ye (Springer)
- Linear Programming, A Concise Introduction by T.S. Ferguson (UCLA/Math On-line Lecture Notes)
Quizzes and Exams
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work
submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any
related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University.
Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself /
herself familiar with the content of the following website:
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: December 17, 2014 21:41:47