MATH5022 - Theory of Partial Differential Equations - 2016/17
- Here are two changes of timeslots: a) 12 Jan, 14:30-17:15 TO 12 Jan, 18:30-21:15 b) 26 Jan, 14:30-17:15 TO 24 Jan, 18:30-21:15. The place for both is still LSB 222.
Prof. Renjun DUAN
- Office: LSB 206
- Tel: 39437977
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Th 2:30PM - 5:15PM, LSB 222
This course covers the basic theory of partial differential equations equations with emphasis on elliptic equations of second order. Both the classical and modern approaches to these equations are discussed. The main concern is various a prior estimates which are useful in solving linear and nonlinear equations. Some geometric applications are included. It is suited for those who are interested in analysis or geometry.
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations by Qing Han and Fanghua Lin (Chapter 1 to Chapter 4)
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order by David Gilbarg and Neil S. Trudinger (Chapter 9: Strong Solutions)
- Partial Differential Equations by Lawrence C. Evans
- Partial Differential Equations by Jurgen Jost
Quizzes and Exams
Last updated: March 24, 2017 16:56:27