MATH5022 - Theory of Partial Differential Equations - 2015/16
- The venue has been changed to LSB 222, and time is still 2:30pm-5:15pm each Thursday.
Prof. Renjun DUAN
- Office: LSB 206
- Tel: 39437977
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Th 2:30PM - 5:15PM, An Integrated Teach Bldg 211
This course covers the basic theory of partial differential equations equations with emphasis on elliptic equations of second order. Both the classical and modern approaches to these equations are discussed. The main concern is various a prior estimates which are useful in solving linear and nonlinear equations. Some geometric applications are included. It is suited for those who are interested in analysis or geometry.
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations by Qing Han and Fanghua Lin
- Partial Differential Equations by Lawrence C. Evans
- Elliptic Partial Differential Equations of Second Order by David Gilbarg and Neil S. Trudinger
- Partial Differential Equations by Jurgen Jost
- Course schedule (tentative)
- List of auxiliary reading materials
- Titles for Final Project
- Some background of the course (to be updated)
- Lecture on March 3
- De Giorgi iteration
- A missing step in the proof
|Homework (four times)||50%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: April 06, 2016 19:14:43