All year 1 undergraduate students admitted to the Enrichment Mathematics Programme (EMP) will be awarded this scholarship.
- The awardees should have
- chosen EMP in either Band A or B,
- obtained Level 5 in HKDSE Mathematics Extended Part Module 1 or 2,
- attended a scholarship interview conducted by teachers of the Mathematics Department.
- The scholarship amount to EMP entrants ranges from $8,000 to $30,000.
- 8 scholarships, each at the amount of $8,000, will be awarded to students from the Science Programme who declared MATH as their major in Phase I.
- The recipients and the amount will be decided by the Scholarship Committee and the Admission Committee, based on students' HKDSE results.
- Departmental funding will be used to support these scholarships. Payment of the scholarships will be arranged at the end of the first term.