MATH2050C - Mathematical Analysis I - 2017/18
- Course Outline (updated Jan 24) [Download file]
- Tutorials will start from the third week. You may choose any one session and fix it after the second quiz.
- Quiz 1 will be held on Jan 29/31 in tutorials. The coverage is from 2.1 to 2.4.
- A note to the class and those who intend to take it. [Download file]
- Quiz 2 will be held on Feb 12/14. It covers 3.1 and 3.2.
- There will be 5/6 quizzes and only the best 4/5 will be counted. In principle you may give up one.
- Midterm will be held on March 1(H) 6:30-8:00. It covers all materials up to 3.5 and Ex 1-Ex 6.
- For 3.4 and 3.5 it suffices to follow the notes in Ex 6.
- Last week a student asked me how to do late drop. I just learned from the General Office that you need to approach your own faculty office to get an application form.
- Venue of Midterm: LT2, Lady Shaw Building.
- Midrerm will start at 7pm not 6:30pm.
- The mean for midterm is 53/100. I will return the exam papers on Monday (March 12).
- A specail tutorial will be held on W4, March14, for those who did not do well in the midterm. The venue is Rm 219, Lady Shaw Building.
- Quiz 3 in W3 (March 21) covering 4.1 and 4.2.
- Solution 7 has been revised by adding the solutions of (15) and (16) in 3.7.
- Special tutorial 3 will be held on W4, March 28. We will go over 4.1 and 4.2.
- Quiz 4 on April 9/11 covering 5.1 and 5.2.
- Special tutorial 4 will be held on W4, April 11. We will go over 4.3, 5.1 and 5.2.
- Solutions to Quiz 4 are uploaded. That is what I wanted you to write on your sheet.
- We will give a review on the final exam on Wednesday lecture (April 18).
- There will be a tutorial section on next Monday (April 23) at the same time slot but no tutorial on Wednesday. All are welcome.
- Venue of the tutorial: LT4, LSB.
- Tutorial on Feb 7
- Tutorial on Feb 14
- Tutorial on Feb 28
- Tutorial on Mar 7
- Tutorial on Mar 14
- Tutorial on Mar 21 (partial solutions provided)
- Tutorial on Mar 28
- Tutorial on Apr 11
- Tutorial on Apr 18
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2
- Assignment 3
- Assignment 4
- Assignment 5
- Assignment 6
- Assignment 7
- Assignment 8
- Assignment 9
- Assignment 10
- Assignment 11
- Assignment 12 (revised April 12)
- Assignment 13
- Selected Solution to Assignment 1
- Selected Solution to Assignment 2
- Selected Solution to Assignment 3
- Selected Solution to Assignment 4
- Selected Solution to Assignment 5
- Selected Solution to Assignment 6
- Selected Solution to Assignment 7 (revised March 16)
- Selected Solution to Assignment 8
- Selected Solution to Assignment 9
- Selected Solution to Assignment 10
- Selected Solution to Assignment 11
- Solution to Quiz 4a
- Solution to Quiz 4b
- Selected Solution to Assignment 12
Assessment Policy Last updated: April 18, 2018 18:31:00