The Chinese University of Hong Kong is pleased to host the 26th International Domain Decomposition Conference, DD XXVI, in Hong Kong, China.
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss recent developments in various aspects of domain decomposition methods bringing together mathematicians, computational scientists, and engineers who are working on numerical analysis, scientific computing, and computational science with industrial applications.
- Submission deadline extended (Mar 11): The deadline for submitting to the DD26 proceedings has been extended to March 31, 2021. For more information, see the Proceedings page here.
- Proceedings submission site open (Mar 1): The submission site is now open. For instructions on how to submit manuscripts, see the Proceedings page here.
- Call for submission to proceedings (Dec 16): All registered participants are invited to submit a paper to the DD26 conference proceedings, to be published by Springer. Deadline for submission: March 15, 2020. More details here.
- To all speakers (Dec 9): If you wish to make your slides available for download by other participants, please send them to us at email@example.com and specify your MS/CT session. We will upload the slides to the session web page once we have received them.
- Update (Dec 7): To access the Zoom links to all sessions, please log in to the Attendees-only section here. You will need the login and password that was sent to you by e-mail. If there are any problems, please contact us.
- Update (Nov 30): The full program, abstracts and schedule are now avaiable on the schedule page. We apologize for the delay in releasing the program. Please note that relative to the preliminary schedule, we have added extra parallel sessions at 16:00-18:00 Hong Kong time, Tuesday to Friday, in order to accommodate the unexpectedly large number of speakers who requested the evening session.
All presentations will be conducted live on the Zoom platform. The Zoom links for all plenary, minisymposium and contributed sessions will be posted in the Attendees-only section of the conference website. The login and password for this section will be e-mailed to you within the next 2 days.
To all speakers: we would like to ask for your consent to record your presentations, so that participants who cannot attend in real time can view your talk up to one week after the end of the conference. If you have not already replied to us by e-mail, please fill out the very brief form here.
- Registration now open (Sep 9): More information available on the registration page. The deadline for registration is October 31, 2020.
- Update (Sep 7): More details about the online meeting:
- Meeting period: December 7 to 12, 2020
- Schedule: plenary talks are scheduled every day at 14:00-16:00 GMT, so that it is convenient for participants in most time zones. Parallel sessions are scheduled twice a day in such a way that participants can attend at least one out of two sessions comfortably. The full schedule can be found here. We will record talks from all parallel sessions (subject to consent of the speakers), so that participants who cannot attend particular talks can view them afterwards.
- Registration fees: HKD 800 (about USD100) for regular participants, HKD 400 (about USD50) for students. The registration system will open imminently. Deadline for registration: October 31, 2020. Participants who have previously registered and kept their fees for 2020 are automatically registered, and they will be contacted for refund arrangements.
- We have reopened the call for minisymposia and contributed talks. The deadline for submitting proposals is October 15. Previously accepted minisymposia and contributed talks are automatically accepted for this round. We will contact the session organizers and contributed speakers to confirm their participation and to update their abstracts if necessary. More details can be found here for minisymposia and here for contribued talks.
- Important update (Aug 3): Given the ongoing travel restrictions and uncertainties, the International Scientific Committee has decided that DD26 will be held online in December 2020.
- Details regarding meeting dates and times will be announced in the next few weeks.
- A new and much reduced registration fee will also be announced soon. (***Update Aug 7***: Participants who paid the fee last year and who opted to keep their registration will receive a refund.)
- A new call for minisymposia and contributed talks will be issued soon. Those with accepted minisymposia/contributed talks will be also asked to confirm their participation and to inform us of any changes in speakers, titles, etc.
- *** Scam Alert (July 9): We have received reports of scammers calling participants on the phone and offering to arrange accommodation for them during the conference period. Please be reminded that DD26 will never contact you over the phone to arrange accommodation. Please handle all suspicious calls and e-mails with caution, and never disclose any personal (especially financial) information to third parties, as we cannot be held responsible for any losses thus incurred. If you have any doubts involving a call or an e-mail, please check with us to confirm its authenticity.
- Update (May 26): We have updated our agreements with the conference hotels. For room rates during the conference dates and booking information, please see the updated Accommodations page.
- *** New conference dates (Dec 13)***: DD26 will now be held from December 7 to 11, 2020. The revised deadlines for registration, hotel reservation, etc. will be announced later.
- *** Important message (Nov 20): Given the current social unrest in Hong Kong, we regretfully have to postpone the conference to ensure the safety of all participants. The new dates will be announced later. The conference registration fees will be refunded by the local organizing committee.
For hotel reservations at the Hyatt at the group rate, our contract with the hotel says you may cancel without penalty up to 48 hours before your scheduled arrival date. For Royal Park, there is currently a one-night penalty, but we are negotiating with the hotel to see whether the penalty can be waived. Please contact your hotel as soon as possible to cancel your reservation to avoid further penalties. A simple way is to check the email confirmation your received after your hotel reservation, where you can find the link and instructions of how to cancel your reservation.
We are sorry for the great inconvenience caused.
Update Nov 21: Both Hyatt and Royal Park Hotels have kindly agreed to waive the cancellation penalties for all participants to DD26. But you should contact your hotel as soon as you can (see more details in our message on Nov 20 above).
- Both conference hotels have lowered their rates for the duration of the conference. Updated prices and booking information can be found on the Accommodations page.
- The deadline for submissions for the poster session has been extended to October 15, 2019.
- Important: The deadline for registration is October 31, 2019. All speakers who have not registered by this date will have their talks removed from the schedule.
- A note on the refund policy and the recent situation in Hong Kong can be found on the Registration page.
- If you would like to share your hotel room with a fellow DD26 participant, please see the Room Sharing section on the Accommodations page.
- Programming note: the first talk of the conference will take place on Monday morning, and the last talk will be scheduled on Friday before lunch time. Participants may use Friday afternoon for discussions.
- The deadline for submitting contributed talk proposals has been extended to September 15, 2019.
- Financial support available to junior participants from US and China. Application deadline: September 30, 2019.
- Important: we have not authorized any third parties to manage hotel bookings for our participants. Please see here for more information on making your own accommodation arrangements.
- The deadline for minisymposium proposals has been extended to July 15, 2019.
- Registration is now open! Early bird rates are available until August 31, 2019.
- Deadline for minisymposium proposals: June 15, 2019 October 15, 2020 (New deadline for 2020)
- Deadline for submitting abstracts for contributed talks: August 15, 2019 October 15, 2020 (New deadline for 2020)
- Deadline for travel award application: September 30, 2020
- Deadline for submitting abstracts for posters: September 15, 2019 TBD.
- Deadline for registration: October 31, 2020 (New deadline for 2020).
Check back frequently for more information!