- Past HW solution: contains the textbook exercies and most of the solutions from the textbook
- Review notes and sample questions are posted.
- HW5 has been posted, it is due on April 13 [Download file]
- Final review [Download file]
- Final review printable version (same as the above version) [Download file]
- Final sample (extra exercises) [Download file]
- Office: LSB218
- Tel: 3943-7974
- Office: LSB 222C
- Tel: 3943 8570
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Wu Ho Man Yuen Bldg 408 Mon 6:30 - 9:30
Introduction to basic number theory. Topics include:
Divisibility of integers, the division algorithm, gcd, the Euclidean algorithm
The fundamental theorem of arithmetic, primes, factorization.
modular arithmetic, Fermat's little theorem, Euler's theorem, Euler-phi function, Wilson's theorem, Fermat's theorem of sum of squares.
Fast modular exponentiation algorithm, primality test, pseudoprimes.
- Burton, Elementary Number Theory, 7th edition, Mcgraw-Hill international edition
- Niven, Zuckerman, Montgomery, An Introduction to the theory of numbers, 5th edition
Quizzes and Exams
|CW+HW || ||20%|
|Midterm, Mar 2 Monday usual lecture time|| ||30%|
|Final, April 20 Monday usual lecture time || ||50%|
Last updated: April 21, 2015 20:00:45