Here are some important information and arrangements you might be interested: International Conference on Abstract
Hong Kong 2007
- Eberhard Kaniuth (University of Paderborn, Germany)
- Anthony To-Ming Lau (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Chi-Wai Leung (The Chinese University
of Hong Kong, Hong Kong)
- Chi-Keung Ng (Nankai University, P.R. China)
- Ali Ulger (Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey)
- Ngai-Ching Wong (National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan)
Royal Park Hotel
offers special rate from HK$700
per room per night to participants of this conference, the rate is
subject to 10% service charge and 3% government tax (thus the sum is
around US$100 per room per night). Participants please complete a
and fax it to the hotel
directly. All bookings should be guaranteed by a credit card of
one night room charge before 16
, otherwise, there may not be room available.
The Royal Park Hotel is located
the town center of Shatin, adjacent to the Shatin train station and
right next to a large shopping mall. It takes about 15 minutes to
CUHK campus by train. The hotel may be reached directly by bus
from the Hong Kong International Airport.
Conference dinner on 18 December (Tue) at 6:00pm at University Staff Club
One-day Tour on 19 December (Wed)
Registration fee is US$120 for
each participant, lunch and refreshments during the conference are
included. Cash will be collected at the registration desk on site.
Chi-Wai Leung (Emai: )
Tel: (+852) 2609-7982
Our Mathematics Department
Tel: (+852) 26097989 or 26097988 ( Miss Suki Chan or Miss Pauline Chan)
Fax: (+852) 2603 5154
- Upon arriving at the Hong Kong International Airport, you can make a money exchange at the airport, or in any bank in Hong Kong later.
It is very convenient. The exchange rate is around US$1 = HK$7.8.
Please expect to pay some covering charges at the exchange shops at the airport, however. You have to use Hong Kong dollars in Hong Kong.
- There is an AIR BUS route no: A41 departing from the airport to Shatin, stopping at Royal Park Hotel in between.
There is English announcement during the bus trip to tell passengers which stop is coming, and you will not miss your destination.
The cost for one way trip is HK$20/person. I strongly recommend you to take this bus to the hotel.
The The Hong Kong Airport has useful information of transport in the airport.
- If you like to hire a taxi to the hotel, you will pay around HK$270-300. Taxi drivers at the airport speak simple English. You can simply show them the following address:
Royal Park Hotel
8 Pak Hok Ting Street,
- There will be two student helpers, Michael and Kit, in the reception of the Royal Park Hotel on Sunday (16 Dec.11:30am - 6:30pm). They will greet you and distribute the conference materials there.
- We have arranged a coach to bring you from the hotel to the University every morning.
The coach will depart at 9:15 am in the first day (Monday, 17 December).
I shall meet you at the reception of the hotel around 9:05 am on Monday.
In case you miss this coach, you can hire a taxi to the University. It will be a 10 minute trip.
The venue of our conference is: LT3, Lady Shaw Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Our department is also in this building)
- We now have enough people for the one-day tour.
We shall collect the registration fee and the tour fee in venue before the opening ceremony.
Please note that
Registration fee: HK$930 (or around US$120)
Tour fee: HK$680 (or around US$ 87) for each person.
You can pay the fees in US dollars or Hong Kong dollars.
- We will have a conference dinner on Tuesday at the University Staff-club.
All participants and their family members are welcome to join with us. The cost is covered by your registration fees.
- The weather in Hong Kong is usually very nice in December. The temperature is around 15C -20 C.
For the latest local weather information, please visit the Hong Kong Observatory