M.Sc. Scholarships for the Hang Lung Mathematics Awards
The Department has pledged to offer M.Sc. scholarships to the winning schools of the Hang Lung Mathematics Awards since the competition was launched in 2004. The following regulations govern this scholarship:
- The candidate must be nominated by the winning school and is selected by the Division Graduate Panel for admission to the self-financed M.Sc. Programme in Mathematics.
- The scholarship amount is full programme tuition fee for Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners; and half of the programme tuition fee for the Honorary Mentions.
- There is one scholarship for each winning school.
- The validity of the scholarship is two intake years of the University immediately following the announcement of the Awards.
- Payment of the scholarship will be arranged in installments by the end of each teaching term upon satisfactory academic performance of the awarded student. Departmental funding will be used to support these scholarships.