MATH4050 - Real Analysis - 2017/18
- Starting from the very first week and until further notice, we shall meet four periods per week (W1-2, F1-2). Please reserve W1-2 and F1-2 throughout the entire term for either main lectures or tests/mid-term exam or ‘special tutorials’.
- The lecture notes can be borrowed from the reference desk of the UL (at the ground floor entrance).
Prof. Kung Fu NG
- Office: LSB 102
- Tel: 3943-7968
Mr. Tin Yau TSANG
- Office: 505 AB1
- Tel: 3943 4298
Lee Man Chun
- Office: LSB 222A
- Tel: 3943 3575
Time and Venue
- Lecture: We 9:30AM - 10:15AM, LSB C1; Fr 8:30AM - 10:15AM, LSB C1
- Tutorial: W5, L5 SC; F3, C3 LSB. (Attend one of them only)
This is an introductory course on the Lebesgue integration theory on real line. Topics include: measurable sets, measurable functions, Lebesgue integral, Fatou's lemma, monotone convergence theorem, Lebesgue dominated convergence theorem and differentiation. Students taking this course are expected to have knowledge in elementary analysis.
- real Analysis by H.L. Royden
- Real and Complex Analysis by W. Rudin.
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: January 13, 2018 07:23:59