MATH3093 - Fourier Analysis - 2017/18
- Office: R211, LSB
- Tel: 39437965
- Office: AB1, 614
- Tel: 3943 4109
- Office Hours: Tu1-3, Th1-3, Fr1-2
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Mo 9:30 - 10:15, LSB C2; We 10:30 - 12:15, LSB C2
- Tutorial: Mo 8:30 - 9:15, LSB C2
This course is an introduction to Fourier series and Fourier transform. Topics include: Orthogonal families of functions, mean-square convergence of Fourier series and completeness, pointwise convergence of Fourier series, Gibbs's phenomenon; Fourier transform and its inversion, Plancherel formula. Further topics will be selected from: The isoperimetric inequality, Poisson summation formula Heisenberg uncertainty principle, and the notion of a wavelet.
- E. M. Stein and R. Shakarchi, Fourier Analysis: an introduction. Princeton University Press, 2003
- M. A. Pinsky, Introduction to Fourier analysis and wavelets. Wadeworth group, Brooks/Cole, 2002.
- Y. Katznelson, Introduction to harmonic analysis. Dover. 1976
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Assessment Policy Last updated: January 22, 2018 12:49:18