MATH1010C - University Mathematics - 2017/18
- Because of the Inauguration Ceremony, the first lecture will be started at 13:30 on 4 Sept.
- There will be no tutorial class in the first week. Tutorial class will be started on the second week.
- Please visit here for the course materials of MATH1010
Lau Chi Hin
- Office: LSB 208
- Tel: 3943 7987
Wong Ka Fai
- Office: AB1 407A
- Tel: 3943 3721
- Office: AB 407B
- Tel: 3943 3720
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Monday 12:30-14:15, Wednesday 12:30-13:15; TIA LT9
- Tutorial: Monday 14:30-15:15, Wednesday 13:30-14:15; TIA LT9
This course is designed for students who need to acquire the knowledge and skills of one-variable calculus at a general level for the studies in science or engineering. The course places special emphasis on the theoretical foundations as well as the methods and techniques of computation and their applications.
- Thomas' Calculus: Weir and Hass, Pearson
- Notes on Napier's constant
- Law of indices for exponential function
- Method of integration
- Exercise on integration
|Mid-term exam (Tentative: 25 Oct (Wed) 19:30-21:00)||40%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: November 03, 2017 13:38:10