MATH2020B - Advanced Calculus II - 2016/17
- Go here for our new course webpage.
- Office: LSB 216
- Office: AB1 614
- Office Hours: Mo, Tu, We 15:00 - 17:00
- Office: LSB 232
- Office Hours: Mo, Th, Fr 15:00 - 17:00
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Tu 10:30AM - 11:15AM, Y.C. Liang Hall 103; Th 8:30AM - 10:15AM, Y.C. Liang Hall 104
- Tutorial: Tu 6:30PM - 7:15PM, Lady Shaw Bldg LT2; Tu 11:30AM - 12:15PM, Y.C. Liang Hall 103
This is a continuation of MATH2010. The following topics will be discussed: multiple integrals: double integrals, areas, volumes, surface areas, change of variables; vector analysis: line integrals, surface integrals, Green theorem, divergence theorem, Stokes theorem.
- Thomas' Calculus: Multivariable by George B. Thomas Jr., Maurice D. Weir, Joel R. Hass
- Calculus one and several variables by Saturnino Salas, Einar Hille, Garrett Etgen
- Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms by John H. Hubbard and Barbara Burke Hubbard
- Calculus on Manifolds by Michael Spivak
- Analysis on Manifolds by James R. Munkres
Quizzes and Exams
|Test 1 (9th February)||20%|
|Test 2 (2nd March)||20%|
|Test 3 (23rd March)||20%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: March 15, 2017 04:12:45