MATH2020A - Advanced Calculus II - 2016/17
- Dates of Quizzes:13th Oct, 10th Nov, 24th Nov (in tutorials)
- Date of Test 1: 29th Sept (in class at LSB LT6 not LT2)
- Date of Test 2: 27th Oct (in class)
- Questions of quizzes are taken from weekly assigned homework
- I would like to thank Chong Hip Kuen for providing his hand written notes
- Homework 2 is posted.
- Problems outside the textbook in Homework 2 are needed for question 1 in Homework 1.
- Problems from the textbook in Homework 2 provide extra practice problems on iterated integrals.
- Please contact me if you need any help, especially for those of you who are not satisfied with the results in term test 2.
- For past exams, please go to http://www.lib.cuhk.edu.hk and click on CUHK Exam Papers.
- Problems of the final quiz will be coming from Homework 7 and 8.
- Office: LSB216
- Office: AB1 614
- Office Hours: Mo 2:00PM - 4:00PM, Tu: 10:00AM - 11:00AM
- Office: AB1 614
- Office Hours: We 1:30PM - 2:30PM, Th 1:30PM - 3:30PM
Time and Venue
- Lecture: Mo 8:30AM - 10:15AM, Lady Shaw Bldg LT5; Th 3:30PM - 4:15PM, Lady Shaw Bldg LT2
- Tutorial: Th 12:30PM - 1:15PM, Lady Shaw Bldg LT4; Th 2:30PM - 3:15PM, Lady Shaw Bldg LT2
This is a continuation of MAT2010. The following topics will be discussed: multiple integrals, change of variables formula, vector analysis, line and surface integral, Green's Theorem, divergence theorem, and Stokes' theorem.
- Thomas' Calculus: Multivariable by George B. Thomas Jr., Maurice D. Weir, Joel R. Hass
- Calculus one and several variables by Saturnino Salas, Einar Hille, Garrett Etgen
- Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Differential Forms by John H. Hubbard and Barbara Burke Hubbard
- Calculus on Manifolds by Michael Spivak
- Analysis on Manifolds by James R. Munkres
- Week 1 (by Chong Hip Kuen)
- Week 2 (by Chong Hip Kuen)
- Week 3 (by Chong Hip Kuen)
- Week 4 (by Chong Hip Kuen)
- Week 5 (by Chong Hip Kuen)
- Week 6 (by Chong Hip Kuen)
- Week 7
- Week 8
- Week 9
- Week 10
- Week 11
- Homework 1
- Homework 2
- Homework 3
- Homework 4
- Homework 5
- Homework 6
- Homework 7
- Homework 8
- Homework 9
- Homework 10
- Test 1 Solution
- Homework 1 Solution (by Xin Liu)
- Homework 2 Solution (by Hongwei Yuan)
- Homework 3 Solution (by Xin Liu)
- Homework 4 Solution (by Hongwei Yuan)
- Homework 5 Solution (by Xin Liu)
- Test 2 Solution
- Homework 6 Solution (by Hongwei Yuan)
- Homework 7 Solution (by Xin Liu)
- Homework 8 Solution (by Hongwei Yuan)
- Homework 9 Solution (by Xin Liu)
- Homework 10 Solution (by Hongwei Yuan)
|Test 1 (29th Sept, Th 3:30PM - 4:15PM @ LSB LT6)||20%|
|Test 2 (27th Oct, Th 3:30PM - 4:15PM @ LSB LT6)||20%|
|Exam (12th Dec, Mo 18:30PM - 20:30PM @ Multi-purpose Hall, Pommerenke Student Centre)||45%|
Honesty in Academic Work
The Chinese University of Hong Kong places very high importance on honesty in academic work submitted by students, and adopts a policy of zero tolerance on cheating and plagiarism. Any related offence will lead to disciplinary action including termination of studies at the University. Although cases of cheating or plagiarism are rare at the University, everyone should make himself / herself familiar with the content of the following website:http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/policy/academichonesty/
and thereby help avoid any practice that would not be acceptable.
Last updated: December 05, 2016 10:43:10