MATH6081A - Topics in Analysis I - 2015/16
- Office: LSB, R211
- Tel: 39437965
The aim of this course is to introduce the basic ingredients in ergodic theory. Topics include the mean and pointwise ergodic theorems, recurrence, ergodicity, mixing properties, information, measure-theoretic entropy, topological entropy, variational principle.
The background necessary for this course is some knowledge of measure theory and function analysis; for example, the contents of Royden's Real Analysis suffice
- P. Walters, An introduction to ergodic theory. Springer-Verlag, 1982
- W. Parry, Topics in ergodic theory. Cambridge University Press, 1981
- M. Pollicott and M. Yuri, Dynamical systems and ergodic theory, Cambridge University Press, 1998
- H. Furstenberg, Recurrence in ergodic thery and combinatorial number theory, Princeton University Press, 1981
- A. Katok and B. Hasselblatt, Introduction to the modern theory of dynamical systems, Cambridge Uniersity Press, 1995.
Last updated: December 03, 2015 11:56:19